iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie Title...late 70's or early 80's?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie Title...late 70's or early 80's?
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vaugly remember seeing this movie when I was a kid (born in 73). I remember very little, yet, still remember loving the movie at the time. Here's what I got:

* Kind of a super hero / fantasy film. An Iron Man type of character...he could fly

* I remember puppet like monsters

* I remember that when one of the monsters got killed, there was green blood.

That's all I got.......any ideas. Thanks!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be thinking of one of the millions of Japanese sci-fi characters. At a guess I'd say 'Ultraman':

IMDB Ultraman

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks....I haven't seen either of these...I'll check them out to see if anything jogs my memory.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khayman
Rewind Curious
Member # 5988

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for khayman   Email khayman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be crazy but the movie you're describing sounds a lot like 'Inframan' to me. See if any of the pics in the link jogs your memory.

http://images.google.com/images?q=inframan&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&um=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zombish   Email Zombish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mire Mare:
Howard the Duck!

MM

ha ha ha
Posts: 21 | From: London , England | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Holy crap...I think it is Inframan! Again, I was very young...I think it was a special viewing for a class trip for school. The pictures do jog my memory...I remember there was a fight scene by a rock mountain, which one of the pictures show. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've been thinking about this movie for 25 years. Would this have been shown in Canadian theatres in the early 70's? Anyway...thanks khayman and anyone else who took a guess. I'll try to track this down if it's available. I have a bit of a hunch that I won't enjoy it as much as when I was 5 or 6 years old....of course with me...you never know. Cheers!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said... one of the millions of Japanese sci-fi characters.

Google Inframan

Google Ultraman

Spot the difference! Mighty Morphin Power Rangers anyone?

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks again logan5. Did these Japenese films play in Canada / US theathres back in the 70's? I don't really remember them....of course I was born in 73' so I was not yet a movie goer. Cheers!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I don't really know, but I can't imagine they had much of a theatrical life outside of Japan.
I think they really came into their own during the video boom, when small independent companies were buying the rights to anything they could lay their hands on to try and get things into the video stores at a time when there wasn't much choice (most of the big US companies were very slow to release their films on Video, and didn't really get the huge financial potential until the market was very established and there were tons of 'junk' films already on the shelves).

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home