iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80 movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80 movie
Alvin
Rewind Curious
Member # 5960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Alvin   Email Alvin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kid works at carnival. Meets girl with spike hair. They find a diamond in a teddy bear and are chased by bad guys. can anyone tell me the name of the movie?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear I'm having deja vu!

The movie you are seeking is: Breaking All the Rules, a 1985 Canadian prodcution.

If anyone else has the dvd, does the sound seem slightly out of sync with the video?

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bijahi
Rewind Curious
Member # 6058

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bijahi   Email Bijahi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Breaking All The Rules on DVD that I would be able to play in a Region 1 Player? I have been wanting to see this movie again for years and all I can find is a VHS copy of it and I no longer have a VHS player.
Posts: 1 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bijahi,

I haven't found it yet either. Best thing to do is buy the VHS copy, get a cheap VCR and DVD recorder and copy it yourself.

- jdocster04

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your setup can handle PAL format DVDs then you can play the UK DVD release as it doesn't have any region encoding.

From the looks of things it was released on region 1 DVD but is out of print, a seller on Amazon wants $60 for a copy...

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wiz,

Hey that's a GREAT idea! I have seen several British release DVDs that we don't have here in the states. My player does not play the PAL format unfortunately...

Here's one for as cheap as $39.00 US.
http://www.amazon.com/DVD-3100-REGION-CODEFREE-PROGRESSIVE-DVD/dp/B000PBE41K/ref=sr_1_1/104-0372989-0771954?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1191180807&sr=1-1

- jdoc

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trainsurfer
unregistered

9 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alvin- It's the chipmunk adventure. Best movie ever.
| Site Updates: 9 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostboys
Rewind Curious
Member # 6124

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lostboys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the chipmunks!!!!...trainsurfer wat are u thinking dude??..those little fury rodents.
they even released records..then again everyones different i guess...enjoy:)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostboys
Rewind Curious
Member # 6124

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lostboys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just outa curiosity trainsurfer..wat is your all time favourite movie from the 80's??..i know its a tough question to answer, there's so many classics..giv us a movie from your top 5..cheers dude:)
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home