iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Your top ten vampire films of all time? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Your top ten vampire films of all time?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are:

1. Dracula: Prince of Darkness
2. The Brides Of Dracula
3. Taste The Blood Of Dracula
4. Interview With The Vampire
5. Vampire Circus
6. Scars of Dracula
7. Near Dark
8. Fright Night
9. John Carpenter's Vampires
10. Salem's Lot (1979)

And a few others [Wink] The Lost Boys, The Vampire Lovers, Dracula (1958), Count Dracula (1970),The Satanic Rites of Dracula, Nosferatu (1922 and 1979), Dracula (1931) and Dracula (2002).

[Smile]

[ 16. April 2010, 13:25: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Helen_s I really think you need to get hold of a copy of VAMP you will absolutely love it and is certainly on a par with Fright Night!

Also The Fearless Vampire Killers is definitely worth hunting down (with a large steak preferably)!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry STAKE!!!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tips, I'll have a look for them [Smile]

lol, I have visions of people running around with big fatty pieces of steak now [Big Grin]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Honestly Helen_s take the time to watch them you will not be disappointed!

MM

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh gees can I come up with just ten??

In no particular order I would have to say:

The Lost Boys
Dracula (1992)
Vamp
Fright Night
Interview with a Vampire
Once Bitten
Vampire's Kiss

I can only come up with 8 if I think of some more I will write back...

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh, Once Bitten, I liked that one too [Cool]
Chucky
Rewinder
Member # 4575

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chucky   Email Chucky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not too keen on vampire movies but i love these ones....

Lost Boys
Vamp
Fright Night
Once Bitten

Posts: 36 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SwitchbladeNymphony
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5923

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SwitchbladeNymphony   Email SwitchbladeNymphony   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys
My Best Friend's a Vampire
'Salem's Lot
Bordello of Blood
Jon Carpenter's Vampires
Ultraviolet
Los Muertos
Underworld
Queen of the Damned
Dracula

Posts: 14 | From: wilmington, nc | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interview With The Vampire
Lost Boys
Vampires
From Dusk Till Dawn
Blade
Salem's Lot
Nosferatu
Shadow Of The Vampire
Dracula
Vampires 2

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Nosferatu
Oh, which one, the silent or talking one? I really like both [Cool]
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen the original, will check out the remake sometime as well. Loved how they sent it up in 'Shadow Of A Vampire' Dafoe & Malkovich make for an insane onscreen duo.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I've just been reading up on Shadow of the vampire, sounds good.

[ 11. September 2008, 04:30: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Loved how they sent it up in 'Shadow Of A Vampire' Dafoe & Malkovich make for an insane onscreen duo.
This is showing on the sci fi channel tonight. I'm gonna give it a watch.
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm 10, let me see. I don't have ten but less that I like.

The Lost Boys
Interview w/a Vampire
Once Bitten
Nosferatu (silence film)

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I liked Shadow of the vampire, was different.

The excellent Vampire Circus is on BBC1 tonight, 2:30am [Big Grin]

just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Fright Night yesterday and really liked it.

I would have to say:

Lost Boys
Fright Night
Once Bitten
My Best Friends a Vampire
Dusk till Dawn
Vampires
Near Dark
Innocent Blood
Salem's Lot

those are my favorites!!

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
For what its worth here is my top ten and in no particular order!

The Lost Boys
From Dusk Till Dawn
Vamp
Fright Night
Fright Night PT 2
Salem's Lot
The Fearless Vampire Killers
Dracula
The Lair of the White Worm
Van Helsing

[Cool]

MM

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Just read this about a possible Fright Night remake [Roll Eyes] but basically in name only [Roll Eyes]

http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=1389

[ 20. September 2007, 06:42: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
What in the name of all that is un-holy are they up to now!

LEAVE FRIGHT NIGHT ALONE YOU SWINE'S!

[Mad]

MM

kurtis13
Rewind Curious
Member # 6037

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kurtis13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys in my opinion is the best vampire movie of all time. But the fact that it's getting re-made and without Corey Haim makes me think that it's going to be a huge flop
Posts: 1 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
lol Exactly Mire Mare. Nothing is safe anymore [Mad]

I don't think The Lost boys is being remade is it? I thought it was just a sequel. What are they like eh, a sequel 20 years later  -

Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
It does make you wonder if there are still any great untold story's left out there, I think more often than not it is a case of better the devil you know, I mean why take a risk on something new when you can milk a well known movie for all it is worth!

The Omen & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre were and still are absolute classics and yet the studious decided to remake them for a new generation of filmgoer!

Why!

The original still hold water don't they!

Saw and its respected sequels I personally thought where great films and show that the ability to truly scare and shock is still around, sure they borrowed ideas from others but what the heck at least they weren't ****ty remakes!

Sequels or prequels can also be a damn pain tainting a once great movie, although I have mentioned this before the Exorcist & The Exorcist III (The true sequel) are great films!

But what was with those prequels!

[Frown]

MM

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this thread, it's fangtastic. I like Helen's list BTW.

OK, it's tough to compile but in no order:

Vampire Circus
Lost Boys
Underworld
Near Dark
Dracula(1958)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Twins of Evil
Black Sunday
Fright Night
Brides of Dracula

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised Once Bitten has made it to this list so many times--I own it own DVD, but I don't think it's one of the top ten vampire films by far, lol. It's so bad, but I like it because of that.

Lost Boys definitely deserves to be on the list though. I might also mention the Buffy movie, but really the show deserves to be on the list more than the movie does (Though David Arquette and Paul Reubens are my favorite parts of the movie).

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home