iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I got it! Monster Squad 20th Aniversary DVD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I got it! Monster Squad 20th Aniversary DVD
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the movie last night. It was exactly the same as I remembered. The DVD has lots of cool extras...commentary with Ryan Lambert, Andre Gower, and director Fred Dekker; interviews with Ryan, Andre, and others; TV spot and movie trailer; a look at Frankenstein. It was well worth $14.99 from Amazon, and the extra money for 2-day shipping.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pettyfan,

I ordered it through this site via Amazon. I'm still waiting for it. Can't wait! [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent although I will wait for the price to crash on this as it seems the humble DVD has had its day and there seems to be heavy discounting going on at the moment!

Picked up The Lost Boy's SE for £5.00 And the Escape from NEW York SE for £4.00 the other day both brand new and sealed!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it! I watched it last night. I remember this movie! I saw it 20 years ago. It was good. I really liked it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mire Mare:
...it seems the humble DVD has had its day and there seems to be heavy discounting going on at the moment!

Picked up The Lost Boy's SE for £5.00 And the Escape from NEW York SE for £4.00 the other day both brand new and sealed!

Like you say, there sure are some great deals at the moment, which is why our new "retro assistant" has a special function to find them.

Check it out and let me know what you think [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nick,

I just bought Romancing the Stone, Real Genius, and Platoon using your links. [Wink]

Another thing you might mention is that you can donate to this site via paypal. I did this about a month or so ago.

Long live th 80's... [Big Grin]

- jdocster04

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
Another thing you might mention is that you can donate to this site via paypal. I did this about a month or so ago.

Good point JD! I'd totally forgotten about that [Smile]

And... Thanks very much for doing that! I really appreciate it...

Sorry I missed your donation, but to be honest I just don't check it because so few people ever do donate... So my apologies to you (and Gigawatt)... who both should have had your site sponsor status gratefully acknowledged long ago... At least I can rectify that now... And have done. Thanks again guys!

I know it sounds silly, but it also really does lift the spirits just to know you guys care and enjoy the site when the old server hosting bills land on the mat each month too...

I deliberately don't plaster the site in banner ads and/or messages begging for donation because I think it's intrusive, but just remembering that, if you're gonna buy something, to please use our product helper or this link to the page where you can choose other ways to help out really does help.

Thanks again JD & Giga [Smile] -And thanks to all of you who visit and share our passion [Smile]

[ 27. July 2007, 16:23: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!! I knew it was coming out but forgot about it. I'm still having problems finding Crossing Delancey [Frown]
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
Try the retro assistant:

retro assistant

[Smile]

Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zombish   Email Zombish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it also, and for pretty cheap. when it came through the post, I fell to my knees, cried for about 2 mins and then hugged the dvd in silence.
Posts: 21 | From: London , England | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iRewind Tester
Rewind Curious
Member # 5952

31 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for iRewind Tester   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zombish:
...when it came through the post, I fell to my knees, cried for about 2 mins and then hugged the dvd in silence.

I know that feeling [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: Nick is just testing new features.... | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 31  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zombish
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5975

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zombish   Email Zombish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iRewind Tester:
quote:
Originally posted by Zombish:
...when it came through the post, I fell to my knees, cried for about 2 mins and then hugged the dvd in silence.

I know that feeling [Smile]
[Smile]
Posts: 21 | From: London , England | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home