iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Car film - Spirit comes back as Black Car ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Car film - Spirit comes back as Black Car ?
MadMathius
Rewind Curious
Member # 5921

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MadMathius   Email MadMathius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
My sister is a film buff but cannot remember this film at all.
It was about some guy that raced against someone and got killed. His Spirit comes back as a black car with blacked out windows. He then proceeds to race all the guys that killed him individually, killing them in various ways and various smashes,etc. Until he gets to the leader of the gang, and then he vanishes.
Something like that. But all the way through he disappears into a little light that "wooshes" of into the sky.
I'm not going insane am I ??? As I also remember a cartoon called something like Jayce and the wheeled warriors where he travelled the universe with a group of others, racing their cars against cars made of plants, etc. Very odd. I didn't believe that it really existed for years until I saw it on in the background of a homemovie !!
Cheers

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the movie with the car should be THE WRAITH i believe, starring charlie sheen.

there is a page on this site that has all kinds of info, check the SMARTMENU located to the left of this page. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that definitely sounds like The Wraith.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wraith......
its knight rider but with menace and no 80's perm [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember it too, its was a good cartoon all thiugh racing on those vine-plants in space was strange.....

"Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors" (1985)
TV-Series

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217941/

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wraith is on BBC1 tonight at 11:45pm for any uk people interested. I'll be watching [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done H_S recorded it and watched it for the first time this morning, This has a story line that could have only come out of the 80's, pure fantasy but god damn its entertaining!

Although I am still a little confused as to why he came back as Charlie Sheen and not himself to avenge his death own death and why did he hand over the single most important piece of evidence i.e. his car to his little brother at the end!

Surely once his bro was stopped driving that bad boy by the fuzz he would be fingered as the main suspect for the murder of 5 local boys!

I was also bemused as to one of the final shots of the VeeHicle clearly shows a large Plymouth or Dodge sticker in the rear window that was not there during the rest of the movie!

Finally weren't Sherilyn Fenn's **** awesome [Eek!] !

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This has a story line that could have only come out of the 80's, pure fantasy but god damn its entertaining!
[Big Grin]

It's funny, I've watched it a few times and never even thought about the giving of the car bit at the end haha. But I am left wondering each time why come back as Sheen.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also bemused as to one of the final shots of the VeeHicle clearly shows a large Plymouth or Dodge sticker in the rear window that was not there during the rest of the movie!

MM,

VeeHicle... [Smile] I love it! What is with that anyway? When I was growing up they were called CARS...

BTW, Did you know that the guy who plays that plays "Rughead" (Clint Howard) is Ron Howards brother and he's been in some of his films?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was he also not that annoying kid from Gentle Ben, did anybody else just watch that series hoping that one day Gentle Ben could not take being "Gentle" anymore and having being petted once to often by that squeaky Howard brat, reverted back to a wild beast and give him a damn good mauling!

Anyway back to the wraith I am also pretty sure that if you look closely you can actually see a Chrysler badge moulding on the front of the VeeHicle!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The Wraith' is a great film, and has a great soundtrack too...'Hearts Vs Heads' by Stan Bush is amazing.
Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home