iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » No Retreat No Surrender!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Retreat No Surrender!
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok just picked it up on DVD having owned an ex rental copy on VHS many years ago!

I have to say I use to think it was lame, crap acting, predictable story, awful dialogue & terrible production!

But having watch it again after what must be at least 17 years this film rocks!

It is only now after such a long period i.e. two decades later you realise this is indeed a true 80'S classic!

All of the above still stands but I can now truley except it for what it is!

The fighting sequences are pretty damn good and as long as you try not to take it two seriously it rocks!

Lines like "CHECK ME OUT DUDE" & "GO PLAY WITH YOUR WOODEN DOLLY" are priceless!

The fact that they used a totally different guy to do RJ's break-dance & Skate boarding routines and were very unsuccessful in disguising the fact only add to its charm!

If anybody else have any classics line they wish to share feel free or indeed cheesy moments!

I going out now to smash my garage up using the art of dance, later bro!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MM,

I agree -- what a classic!

The only downer for me on DVD was that all the music I remember from the UK VHS rental was different on the DVD -- including Gilreath's awesome score... I wish they'd rectify that!

"You're Good."

"-I get better..."

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not realise that if you really wanted to upset someone from Russia all one has to do is call them a "Russian"

Awesome put down...well it got old Ivan mad anyway!

What was with JCVD poor Sylvester Stallone impression it looks like he's had a stroke, most terrifying but for all the wrong reasons!

Also one last thing on the UK DVD release it appears our cocaine binging Belgian has his mug front and centre without even a hint of any of the real stars of the movie any ware in sight, the VHS release had a great cover with Jason and a very dodgy looking pic of JCVD going head to head!

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home