iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Real Genius question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Real Genius question
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys. I really like this film, but was wondering why Chris and Mitch didn't realise much earlier that what they were creating was to be used as a weapon?  -
Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they always kinda knew that it could, but being geeks they both were taken in by the intellectual and technological challenge, and also by the persuasive personality of their tutors - I never thought that Chris and Mitch were very discerning when it came to interpersonal stuff.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At that point all Chris was concerned with was getting the laser to work and graduating. Then he got all emotional and decided that he was going to be responsible for many deaths. Mitch was just along for the ride. One of the most clever endings of a movie that I have ever seen. I cannot even imagine the amount of popcorn that they had to use for this one! What did they end up doing with all of it?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably barfed it all up, Jess!

[Eek!] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had wondered to Jess what they did with all that popcorn [Big Grin] Since were talking about Real Genius... I really like that song that is played in the movie when Mitch is studying. "Number 1 is a hard time in the making (in the making-in-the making" and then he says "I gave my all just to be No. 1" [Smile] Anyway... cool pic J. Andrews [Cool]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i gathered that mitch and chris were under the impression that building the laser was indeed a class project, but at the same time, had known there were endless posibilites for the use of the laser, but as mitch stated, it wasn't their concern.

and once lazlo brought it to their attention, and questioned dr. hathaway's intentions, then they realized that it made sense...dr. hathaway's hastiness and him threatening to not graduate them if they didn't meet his deadline.

ahhh.. i love this movie!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are all wrong. Mitch and Knight were just .... NAIVE
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Don't forget that the only one who knew about the mirror guidance system was Kent - and he was so far up Hathaway's rear end that he would never have said anything. it's clear from his sabotaging of the laser through the movie that he's not interested in anything other than being Hathaway's star pupil and getting the job at the end.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
Don't forget that the only one who knew about the mirror guidance system was Kent - and he was so far up Hathaway's rear end that he would never have said anything. it's clear from his sabotaging of the laser through the movie that he's not interested in anything other than being Hathaway's star pupil and getting the job at the end.

Good point PAUL
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home