iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who do you think has the most acting ability?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who do you think has the most acting ability?
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Dolph Lundgren?
I don't really mean who you like the most, more as their skills as actors. I like these guys alot, it's just that it's hard to find a film I like after the early 90s that stars one of them.
They seemed to do one after the othe such as Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Cyborg, Masters Of The Univers, Rocky 4, Red Scorpion and their other films afterwards.
I'd go with Steven Seagal, many may disagree with that, but I really think he is a very good actor, especially in his debut 'Above The Law'. I really like that one and it's my favourite of his
The scores really cool along with Pam Grier as his partner (who's less hip-hop in this) and the scene after she gets shot, in her apartment is very touching. A cool quote from Nico: "You guys think you're above the law well you ain't above mine!"  -

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to go with Jean-Claude, who tries to make the most of what he's got, whereas Lundgren just wanders through each film like he's lost, and Seagal's acting skills come down to how loud he can bellow on how crooked he thinks the government before ripping some guy's head off.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Chris. He seems to be the most believable that he is in pain. That probablly has to do with camera shots as well. Dolph is fine to look at but doesn't seem to have much charisma once he opens his mouth.

Seagal is just so dry and always the same that he is so one dimensional.

Jean Claude most definitely!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven Seagal, 'Above The Law' is not only the best Segal movie, but one of the best 80s thrillers, as good as, if not better than, 'Lethal Weapon' IMHO. 'Out For Justice' is also qutie good.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys. I really enjoy their older films a lot, and recently bought some of their newer ones. I was dissappointed. They seem to lack ideas and imagination, I think having a low budget and no backing from a major studio doesn't help.
Also it's not uncommon for them to have upto 3 or 4 films out in one year. If they spent more time on less films, like Tom Cruise or Al Pacino they could have a film that I'd enjoy more.
I don't think you need too much cash either such as films like Bloodsport or Kickboxer.
It would also be cool if these guys teamed up, such as Universal Soldier.
I also agree with you Kash on Above The Law. Do you like the music?  -

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the 'Above The Law' soundtrack great blend of Asian martial arts music and 80s Miami Vice style beats.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home