iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Teen Wolf New (Noooooooooooooooooo!!!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teen Wolf New (Noooooooooooooooooo!!!)
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this news tidbit on joblo.com...

"Apparently a remake of the 80s "classic" TEEN WOLF is in the works, and Dark Horizons says SMALLVILLE's beefy Boy of Steel Tom Welling will have a part in the flick. But what's even more curious than Welling getting more movie parts after the tragic remake of THE FOG is that he's reportedly not the hirsute moon-howler -- word is this new TEEN WOLF is... a wolfette. We can only assume she'll play hoops, or at least cheerlead for the basketball team. Welling will probably play some sort of dreamy hunk, speculation mine.
For those who missed or conveniently forgot the more embarrassing chunks of the 80s, the TEEN WOLF "franchise" featured Michael J. Fox and Jason Bateman as students cursed with excess hair and a friend named Chubby (he was obese, y'see)."

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years ago, a weekly fantasy/drama TV series based on Teen Wolf was in early development for the now-defunct UPN Network... it never got past the early stages.

Let's hope this ill-conceived "remake" suffers the same fate...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ****ING HATE HOLLYWOOD why cant they just try and make a original movie. Im sick of remakes and super hero movies
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Mylanta. When will this crap stop?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valleygirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5628

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for valleygirl   Email valleygirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blake:
I ****ING HATE HOLLYWOOD why cant they just try and make a original movie. Im sick of remakes and super hero movies

totally agree...you cant remake movies that were already good...it ruins it.
Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muffybuffy86
Rewind Curious
Member # 5663

16 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for muffybuffy86   Email muffybuffy86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and if they cast someone like Paris Hilton in this remake, I will ralph my guts out. BLEECH!!
Posts: 6 | From: new brunswick, canada | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 16  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The real question is, "Who's playing Styles?"

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is quite disturbing but I love the fact that all of these 80s films are being rethought of. Who knows how it will turn out, we will just have to wait and see...
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fang   Email Fang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disgusting! I doubt it will get made. Though I wonder if Michael J Fox will be offered a cameo? Perhaps not.

The original was ACE (We need a SPECIAL EDITION DVD! Please see my other thread!) A sequel? Stupid idea.

Posts: 33 | From: London England | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think MJF would make a cameo, but if they do a remake, the comedy probably wouldn't work as well. It'd be a lot better if they did a nice werewolf flick without all the CGI.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know much I would like a remake of this one. The original was ok, but I just can't imagine they would do anything but make it worse.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home