iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Push it to the Limit songs!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Push it to the Limit songs!!!
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the drill - It's three quarters of the way through the movie. The hero is down and out. He’s been humiliated, beaten to a pulp, lost his girlfriend, his dog has died, it’s raining and now on top of all that, he is facing a fight against an unbeatable opponent. But does he give in? NO! He trains, he goes running, he faces up to the challenge and beats the odds all accompanied by a dreadful power-pop-electro-synth-rock song with pumped up lyrics about believing in yourself and keeping your dreams alive.

Here are my candidates for the most over the top 3/4 song. Please add more. Round 1. Ding ding.

THE KARATE KID:

You’re the Best - Joe ‘Bean’ Esposito.
Sample Lyrics:
Never doubt that you’re the one and you can have your dream...
You’re the best around
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down etc etc.

The Moment of Truth - Survivor.
Sample Lyrics:
It’s the moment of truth, It’s all on the line
This is the place, This is the time
You’ve waited forever, it’s now or it’s never
Nothing can stop you now.

TEEN WOLF:

Win in the End - Mark Safan
I am stronger than they think, they can force me to the brink again.
But now I know I’ll win!
Win in the end - I’m gonna win in the end! etc etc.

TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE:

The Touch - Stan Bush.
You’re at your best when the going gets rough.
You’ve been put to the test but it’s never enough.
You’ve got the touch! You’ve got the power!

Dare - Stan Bush.
Sample Lyrics:
Dare! Dare to believe you can survive.
You hold the future in your hand.
Dare! Dare to keep all your dreams alive.
It’s time to take a stand. etc etc.

SCARFACE:

Push It To The Limit - Paul Engemann.
Sample Lyrics:
Nothing’s gonna stop you, there’s nothing that strong.
So close now you’re nearly at the brink so push it - oooo yeah!

ROCKY III:

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor.
Sample Lyrics:
Risin’ up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I’m not gonna stop
just a man and his will to survive.

STAYING ALIVE:

Far From Over - Frank Stallone.
Sample Lyrics:
Back in the race, I'm movin' in
'Cause I am getting closer
I'm diggin' in, I want it more
Than anything I've wanted Blagh Blagh Blagh.

[ 21. March 2007, 17:36: Message edited by: gigawatt? ]

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SURVIVOR was the king of those things! Those Inspiring Anthems !

(there is a SPONGEBOB SQAUREPANTS epsiode where he is training to that "You're The Best Around" song and it has driven me nuts trying to figure out what movie that song was from! (I have only seen KARATE KID once and that was a million years ago).

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! There's also a pretty funny spoof of 'The Touch' that Mark Whalberg sings in Boogie Nights. And was it Team America when they do a Survivor style song called 'Montage'? (I know it was I'm just pretending so as not to sound too sad).
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By far the Best is The Karate Kid song. My friends and I used to talk about that song all the time. We thought they put together a band just to sing that song. Like the Karate Kid band. ha. Such a classic. Plus how they start it off by having Elizabeth Shue (sp) Yell "You're the best Daniel, the Best!!" - song starts -. Love it.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the Rufus And Chaka Khan track "Ain't Nobody" in Breakin' count? it was played when they realised they had a chance at putting their own crew together and started 'training' for the showdown.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All good choices, 'Saving The Day' from 'Ghostbusters'.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
I tried to think of some female versions of the 'inspiring anthems' as mamamiasweetpeaches called them but all I can come up with are 'Flashdance...What a Feeling' from urrr Flashdance and maybe 'She's on Fire' from Scarface. It seems that men get testosterone fuelled songs about beating people to a pulp whereas women get songs about dancing...
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmm...well, I guess Melanie Griffith got Let The River Flow by CARLY SIMON, but thats not really an a**-kicker of an anthem!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Retreat, No Surrender - Stand on Your own

Great song. Shame about the movie..

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yeah, that movie is terrible. As for "The Touch" it's a great turn the tide song. As for it's placement, I only associate it with Optimus Prime dying.

Sorry for spoiling that.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home