iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movies you most regret not buying

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movies you most regret not buying
Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey what movies did you put off buying and now they are out of print that you regret missing the most?

I woke up this morning thinking Fletch would be a fun flick to get on DVD only to find its OOP and sells for like 50 bucks. Last week it was Revenge of the Nerds, however at least its coming out in special edition. I still would rather juts have 1 and 2 on the same dvd. Oh well.

What about you guys? Does this happen to you? What movie did you want to buy only to find out you couldnt?

Phanstar

Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey wow I just read on the DVD news page that Fletch is getting a special edition release this may. Sweet.
Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary-Jane
Rewind Curious
Member # 5599

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mary-Jane   Email Mary-Jane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say "Vibes" with Cyndi Lauper and "Turk 182" both of which I can't get. My husband would like "From The Hip" starring Judd Nelson. Can't get any of these movies in Australia.
Posts: 8 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only 80s movie I wanted that is now apparently OOP on DVD is Maid to Order with Ally Sheedy and Beverly D'Angelo. It wasn't a top priority purchase or anything, just an OK flick that I figured I'd get eventually. Oh well...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a number of copies of Maid To Order available on Amazon HERE.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanstar:
Hey what movies did you put off buying and now they are out of print that you regret missing the most?

I woke up this morning thinking Fletch would be a fun flick to get on DVD only to find its OOP and sells for like 50 bucks. Last week it was Revenge of the Nerds, however at least its coming out in special edition. I still would rather juts have 1 and 2 on the same dvd. Oh well.

What about you guys? Does this happen to you? What movie did you want to buy only to find out you couldnt?

Phanstar

Here you go buddy. Its the 6th one down and due to be released 05/01/07
http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=D44763++

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mary-Jane:
I'd have to say "Vibes" with Cyndi Lauper and "Turk 182" both of which I can't get. My husband would like "From The Hip" starring Judd Nelson. Can't get any of these movies in Australia.

Maybe you can't get them "Down Under" But you can get em here.
Turk 182
http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=D74113++

From The Hip
http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=D31009++

Sorry no luck with Vibes

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S It's Paul...:
There are a number of copies of Maid To Order available on Amazon HERE.

The cheapest unopened copy of the movie currently on there is $26.00... no way in hell I pay that. And I refuse to buy used DVDs.

Thanks for the link, tho.

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stupidly did not pick up Gleaming the Cube when I saw it on DVD, and now it seems impossibke to find. Doh.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have grabbed She's out of control when it first came out on DVD. Now, it's going for big money.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed out on 'Wraith' in Walmart for $5 in DVD format. I did give one to a friend for his birthday maybe I should get that copy back and give him another movie in place of it. lol
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmm...Fat Albert's Christmas Special...was always on ebay for cheap in DVD...now it's hard to find and pricy...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home