iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Night of the Comet & Solarbabies DVD Release Dates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Night of the Comet & Solarbabies DVD Release Dates
raygunxyz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1045

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raygunxyz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from www.davisdvd.com

Night of the Comet

MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers? That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

Also due the same day from MGM is the equally cultish Solarbabies. The 1986 film stars Jami Gertz, Lukas Haas, Jason Patric and Adrian Pasdar. No final detail on this one either, except for a retail if $14

Posts: 84 | From: Bakersfield, Ca, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, do you know how many years people wanted to see Night of the Comet? This is earth shattering news.

And Solarbabies is such an underrated flick that I can't believe it is being released as well. Great news.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!!!! OMG!!! You just made my night on both movies!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is absolutely spectacular news! I just wish now that they would release a soundtrack on CD for it and then I would be in 7th Heaven.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are taking Pre Orders for both here.
http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=D64242++

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! I think I just wet my pants. LOL! This is awesome. I have a really crappy copy of "NOTC" on VHS.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm definitely getting Night of the Comet... wasn't expecting to see that on DVD anytime soon, if ever. (due to supposed rights ownership issues)
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can now see the cool cover art for the Night of the Comet DVD at Amazon...

"They Came, They Shopped, They Saved the World!"

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I hope that isnt really going to be the actual cover.Kind of stupid if you ask me.
Of course it didnt stop me from putting in my pre order for it and Solarbabies.
I was reading Kelly Maroneys My space and it seems her and the Director were going to try to buy the rights for the movie from MGM. Wanted to do a special disc with all the normal added stuff. And when they approached MGM they were told no. Then MGM ups and does it.
Has anyone seen if theres going to be anything special on the disc, or is it just going to be the movie?

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeh1969
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4654

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jayeh1969   Email jayeh1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It figures, I gave up on waiting (NOTC) and ordered a bootleg on eBay last summer. Suprisingly good copy with a little added bonus on Ms. Maroney.
The guys would enjoy the bonus.
The women? Doubtful.
I see Private School is released the same day. I just found the O.S.T. (lp) for this.

Posts: 60 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home