iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Scariest Horror Character/i.con?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scariest Horror Character/i.con?
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets label the most chilling/creepeist and scariest movie character from oyur favourite era, the 80's.

i have to do go with..

Myers..i know he was introduced in the late 70's, but he was kept alive in the 80's and he kinda traumatised me when i was a kid. Silent but goddamn scary!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While not proper characters per se, I was always somewhat spooked by the Terror Dogs when I was younger. From that first unnerving shot of them breaking out of the statues to them coming after Dana and Louis, they can instill discomfort, especially when they let out those deep, dark roars. The ones seen in the animated series were fairly intimidating as well, seeming capable of killing characters if they got a clean chance.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something about the way Michael Meyers moved always freaked me out. Oh sure, he was slow...but he was relentless!
A year ago there was a guy (later I found out it was a grown up, not a kid) walking up and down my block as Michael Meyers. He stood in front of my house for about 10 minutes just looking at me through the window. He toatlly freaked me out.

(When I told another school Mom about it the next day she said she knew the guy, he was a neighbor of hers and every year he did his house up as a hanuted house and dressed as a Horror villain. Well, if he scared the crap out of 35 year old ME Im sure he ruined many kids nights that night!)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, even though he started out in the 70s, he did return to the 80s in a number of sequels. My pick is The Tall Man from all the Phantasm movies. That f***** sure is creepy.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kells
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kells   Email kells   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mike myers deffo and what about the kid in the omen who played damien he was a scary wee critter wonder what ever happen to him when he grew up apparently the omen set and stars are meant to be cursed but thats another dissusion!! p.s seeing we are tlking horror anyone know where id get a copy of nightbreed it kinda got banned over here in the uk for a while and i got a copy but it was mega cut in places i thought it was a great film but my friends totally disliked it and couldnt see the atraction for me!!
Posts: 16 | From: belfast | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE OMEN people are cursed? I thought that was the POLTERGIEST cast.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freddy Krueger.
(And I mean from the first film. Not the later ones where he started cracking jokes.)

There is just something about someone being able to get to you in your dreams. While you are asleep, at your most vulnerable.

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kells
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kells   Email kells   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is also a whole big tale about the omen being cursed as well mamamia the documentary i watched was really freaky had me spooked for a while!
Posts: 16 | From: belfast | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home