iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » help with a couple of things...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help with a couple of things...
Kennewick man
Rewind Curious
Member # 5140

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kennewick man   Email Kennewick man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused] I'm sure I saw it on HBO... A man gets his wish when he wakes up he is "Hank Golden" or something like that, he has the perfect body with the perfect tan, awesome house, clothes, car, and lots of chicks, but some how it's like the old fable and all the stuff doesn't make him happy, ends with him making a choice??? That's numero Uno...

Numero Two: Where can I see the old classic HBO presentation where the camera swoops over the model city at night before sweeping up into the night sky and the purplish metallic HBO emblem so on... I even remember seeing a behind the scenes on how they filmed it. Anyone seen it recently?

Number Tres: HBO used to show short independent films, like 8 minutes long, between flicks. The one I'm seeking is about a man with a mustache who comes home where his film comes alive, unreels itself and attacks him, he uses a magnet and sciccors to fend it off briefly, but it gets him in the end and spits out his shoes and winds itself back onto the reels. God that was a good flick, I really hope someone can show me where to find that!! [Eek!]

LAST TWO!!!: HBO Totally... "totally?" "TOTALLY."
... sorry. total b movie horror, it seemed like a hospital setting or office building, all at night, where people were being murdered with this Blue injection. It would kill people intantly when injected, maybe some vomitting too (Oh no, Not vomitting WITH death!!) I Know it's a real stretch with not much to go on... AND AT LAST..
I'm Sure I rented it, A ninja movie kind of mixed with mercenaries maybe even a chick mercenary (not N3: domination) but what stuck out in my mind was an amazing (cheesey) ninja sword that had some sort of hinge part way up the blade, so it could be used straight or bent 90 degrees to one side, I think there was a lot of camouflage in this movie (suprise suprise) I would greatly appreciate any help!

Posts: 3 | From: Kennewick, Washington | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say I've seen any of the films, but there are numerous places online with the HBO in Space bumper in both its long and short versions (and occasionally the rare version that starts with live action footage of a couple watching the network in their apartment before the camera pans over to the minature city). YouTube has several versions up at the moment (Time Warner briefly had them removed, but they've started creeping back on), and you can find the long version at <www.americantelevisionpreservation.com>. TV Ark (www.tv-ark.org.uk) also had it at last check, but that site's currently undergoing extensive renovation, to be completed around Christmas.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow i am stumped on all 3???? help devo or logan!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kennewick man
Rewind Curious
Member # 5140

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kennewick man   Email Kennewick man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I appreciate the replies!! Glad to see there are others that get this crap stuck in their heads too! I learned a couple things searching: number one is the movie "Hunk" sounds so gay as I say/type it! '89 movie. He made a deal with the devil.
No. 2 someone, OH! Chris the candyfanman, pointed me that direction, THNX
Number III is an old "HBO short" called "Recorded Live" starring one man named John Goodwin, student film from S.S. Wilson (1978ish) and apparently it can be seen on the bonus footage on "Tremors 4" DVD. Now i just have to find that somewhere, Hasting's was all out tonight...
Yeah so that just leaves, Ninja movie with hinged sword and creepy drug injection movie. For decades now, literally, I had thought they were calling it morphine, or blue morphine, and I know that doesn't cause all the vomitting and death so easily!!

Posts: 3 | From: Kennewick, Washington | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kennewick man
Rewind Curious
Member # 5140

Rate Member
ImsostupidImsostupidImsostupid
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Is the first movie "Hunk"?

The ninja movie I don't know. It's not Blind Fury is it?

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Devo is correct and I'm just here to confirm. That first movie is Hunk or Hunk Golden. A friend of mine found in on VHS a few months back and I actually watched it...
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home