iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite 80's movie Scene

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 80's movie Scene
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, what is your favorite scene from your favorite 80's movie and why?

I love the ending scene from Breakfast club where they read the letter off. That gets me excited every time I hear it. I think I like it so much because it just rings true for high school life.

I also love the scene from Wallstreet when Bud first goes to visit Gordon. That office is amazing and the way Gordon is in there doing a 100 things at once just gives you a feeling of power.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loads. Let's see if I can get my top ones together...

1. The 'practice' kiss in the garage between Keith and Watts in Some Kind Of Wonderful. Just very well played, and you know exactly what's going on in their minds.

2. The scene in Streets Of Fire when Tom starts shooting up the bikers outside Torchy's.

3. The final scene in Die Hard, when Alexander Gudenov bursts out of the doors waving his gun, only to be shot by the flatfoot.

4. The opening shots in BladeRunner, giving us Ridley Scott's vision of the near future.

5. The final battle scene in Terminator, from when he gets burned up in the truck and emerges as the shining metal killing machine.

There are more, and I reserve the right to add to my list. But these will do for now.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene in The 'Burbs where all the neighbors go over to the Klopeks. They're sitting around the livingroom and Rumsfeld is peeling the wallpaper off and accusing them of all sorts of things.

The ending of Can't Buy Me Love, when Ronnie and Cindy ride off on the lawnmower together.

The party scene in Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last few minutes from 16 CANDLES from when she leaves the church on.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky 4 training montage..Hearts of Fire!!!!

Purple RAIN--when prince runs back out on stage and performs "ill die 4 u"

valley girl--@ the house party..and Pshycadelic furs is playing!!!

fright night---when Peter Vincent notices the non-reflection of charlies neighbour!!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The piano Scene from Big is one of the best out there. Great movie, great scene!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixteen Candles at the end when Jake and Samantha get together. They are sitting on a table with a birthday cake with 16 candles on it in between them and then they kiss!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few things will for me ever top Del Griffith's "You want to hurt me?" speech. John Candy wasn't just speaking for Del's predicament there, he was speaking on behalf of everyone who's ever been put down unfairly. It was the one real time in his career he got to show how great he could purely act, and he shone through in full light, making anyone watching feel genuinely ashamed that they laughed at all of Neal's prior rants against him.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the practice kiss from some kinda wonderful, for sure

the crane kick at the end of karate kid

just about every joke in trading places, but the 'exchange student from camerun' was my favorite

tom hanks eating a raw sardine in the burbs

speaking of tom hanks movies - the transvestite scene in bachelor party

ah man, too many scenes come to mind, I'm getting nostalgic

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real Genius - the very ending when the music starts playing just tops of the film perfectly (won't say what it is in case someone hasn't yet seen the film - WHY HAVEN'T YOU SEEN IT!)

Explorers - walking back from the first outside test of the bubble, Darren asks how fast they can go, Wolfgang takes out the little 9v battery which powers the bubble and gives it to Darren, the look on Darren's face is like a kid who's discovered a book called "Fun With Dynamite" that comes with 3 free sticks and a box of matches

Aliens - when Ripley finally manages to find the girl, get up to the platform where the dropship is and it's gone, then the queen alien steps out of the elevator

[ 19. November 2006, 20:21: Message edited by: The Wizard ]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DriveIn
Rewind Curious
Member # 5159

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DriveIn   Author's Homepage   Email DriveIn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty in Pink when Molly Ringwald hears the words. "I love You... Always."
Posts: 2 | From: ,m.m | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaggy56
Rewind Curious
Member # 5173

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for shaggy56   Email shaggy56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Neighbors when Dan Akyroid tries forcing John Belushi to drink out of the dirty coffee cup.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard for me to name my number one 80s movie then figure out my favorite scene from it.

However, I can think of my favorite scene in any 80s movie. That's the scene in Full Metal Jacket where sergeant Hartman first meets his squad.

Reason - there are plenty of movies with the sadistic drill instructor role, but this is the only one where the actor was a real marine drill instructor. The scene is incredibly harsh and yet hysterically funny at the same time.

Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kells
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kells   Email kells   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deffo the scene in say anything with loydd playing peter gabriel in your eyes with the boom box over his head outside dianes window when they had broken up i love this film so much!!!
Posts: 16 | From: belfast | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The WIZARD was correct when he said "Real Genius - the very ending when the music starts playing just tops off the film perfectly". I would also challenge that with the ending to Against the Odds with P. Collins busting out a very emotional tune. The race scene was pretty good also.
You cant go wrong with any scene from Nat Lam Vacation.
Rodney Dangerfield turning the volume up to 11 on his golf bag and jammin' to Journey is hysterical in Caddyshack.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The WIZARD was correct when he said "Real Genius - the very ending when the music starts playing just tops off the film perfectly". I would also challenge that with the ending to Against the Odds with P. Collins busting out a very emotional tune. The race scene was pretty good also.
You cant go wrong with any scene from Nat Lam Vacation.
Rodney Dangerfield turning the volume up to 11 on his golf bag and jammin' to Journey is hysterical in Caddyshack.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky 4- "no pain, no pain!!"
hearts on fiiiiyyyaahhh!!!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SHOGUN:
Rocky 4- "no pain, no pain!!"
hearts on fiiiiyyyaahhh!!!

surely this has to be up there as the all time greatest training montage - PERIOD! great call.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James Spader singing "We Walk The Night" in Tuff Turf [Cool]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home