iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies scared you the most as a kid and now? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What movies scared you the most as a kid and now?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE EXORICIST, THE OMEN, THE SHINING, THE CHANGELING, HALLOWEEN.......

[ 04. December 2006, 07:01: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phantasm scared the sh!t out of me when I was a kid. I swear, I had nightmares for a month. That Tall Man sure was a freaky thing. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) scared the crap out of me too.

Movies don't really scare me now. However, I watched Wolf Creek a few weekends ago and it was just freakin' disturbing. I guess what made it so bad was that it was supposed to be based on actual events.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cotter
Rewinder
Member # 5081

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Cotter   Author's Homepage   Email Cotter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Halloween 4 did a number on me way back when. Just watched it today, and it almost had the same effect.
Posts: 42 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slyman30
Rewind Curious
Member # 5119

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for slyman30   Email slyman30   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Children of the Corn was one of the scariest. Also the Stuff was pretty scary as a kid.
Posts: 3 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to say that An American Werewolf In London scared the crap out of me as a kid and couldn't watch it till i was much older. The part when Jack gets ripped apart at the beginning on the moors. I think it was more his screaming that did it. It sounded too realistic!

And Halloween as well. Especially the shock at the beginning when you see its Michael as a child that kills in the beginning!!!! But nowadays i love horror!

Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaws has to be a movie that still gets me scared. Such a great film and it still holds up. Even though they are old fiilms, still the freaky ambience in films like the Shining, the Omen, Poltergeist, and the Excorcist still gets to me.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nightmare on Elm Street

Scared the s**t out of me. I still have nightmares now! But Freddy is my idol - and I am meeting Robert Eugland next week and having my picce took with him!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What scared me the most about Children of the Corn was Malachi and the preacher kid. Yikes!

I was also freaked out by Hellraiser, PINHEAD!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
What scared me the most about Children of the Corn was Malachi and the preacher kid. Yikes!

I was also freaked out by Hellraiser, PINHEAD!

"Question me not, Malachi!"
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball_Fury06
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4514

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Baseball_Fury06   Email Baseball_Fury06   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the movie that really got me as a kid was called "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins.
Posts: 30 | From: San Antonio Tx | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paranoidlemur
Rewind Curious
Member # 5128

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for paranoidlemur   Email paranoidlemur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitly children of the corn... the malaki crap was too much for me!! arg
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didnt really like CHILDREN OF THE CORN (Dont even get me started on the sequels) but, yes, some of those kids were damn freaky! Whoever casted that thing gets a big round of applause!
(They had on BRAVOS SCARIEST MOMENTS the guy who played Malaki (Courtney Gaines) saying that THAT was the first movie he was ever in.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American werewolf in London ..the beginning..

the dream sequence where david is like a Demon!!!

the screaming and trsnformation of david into a werewolf!!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baseball_Fury06:
the movie that really got me as a kid was called "Magic" with Anthony Hopkins.

awww man with that dummy, lol, caught me off guard also!!

another film taht scared was THE HAND with Micahel cane!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the peanut butter solution
dont ask me why it just did

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kells
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kells   Email kells   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mines would have to deffo be the omen when i was a kid and even now i havent seen the remake i do believe it should have stayed as it was!!
Posts: 16 | From: belfast | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigail
Rewind Curious
Member # 5170

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for abigail   Email abigail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poltergeist.God that really scared me.
Posts: 4 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaggy56
Rewind Curious
Member # 5173

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for shaggy56   Email shaggy56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now be honest. How many of you can truly being able to watch The Shining at night. Me and my wife still cant and I have the movie.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember freaking out during the library "shhhh" scene in Ghostbusters. How embarrassing. [Big Grin]
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poltergeist and The Shining freaked me out as a kid...

Also, Goonies and Gremlins sorta scared me as well. I had come across both movies on HBO, and the scenes that were playing at the times I first put them on were some of the creepier parts of the films. With Goonies, it was when Chunk first meets Sloth. With Gremlins, it was when Billy's mother was alone in the house, fighting off the gremlins.

I can't say that any modern movies scare me, but the thought of watching VH1's Totally Awesome for a second time gives me the willies...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the second grader I was when they brought in the tape for a winter recess session, The Secret of N.I.M.H. was a very disturbing film. Having the spector of death hanging over pretty much everyone (and as it is literally in Nicodemus's ultimate case)throughout the picture is almost too much for a seven year old, and the last 15 minutes or so were almost too unbearable to watch; even today if I catch it on TV (which hasn't been for about 8 years now), I select carefully the parts I observe.

And if that wasn't enough on my wounded psyche, we then got to see The Little Mermaid once its VHS release hit stores, and I was practically in mental fits when Triton blasts Ariel's grotto to pieces. Certainly prejudice and poor anger management skills aren't something you expect from a good guy, especially one who for a brief moment appears to be borderline insane (so who can blame Sebastian for feeling immediate guilt over having blurted everything out?). It was years before I could bring myself to watch that part in full. The rest of the film wasn't easy either; as noted in other threads, Ursula's polyping habits can be uneasing to witness, particularly when Triton allows it on himself for redemption for his actions, and I still have nightmares on occasion that a large dark set of hands will yank my voice out of my throat if I'm not careful.

[ 02. December 2006, 22:17: Message edited by: Chris the CandyFanMan ]

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hallucinogenic_lipstick
Rewind Curious
Member # 5211

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hallucinogenic_lipstick   Email Hallucinogenic_lipstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dark crystal lol
Posts: 1 | From: London UK | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Precisely. I didn't include it above since I was 12 when I first saw it, but I went home from school that day shivering quite a bit. While Henson deserves lots of praise for trying to break out of the family friendly stereotype with it, you can understand why it didn't have a great theatrical run.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Shining did me in back then. That was about the only one.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drelisabeth
Rewind Curious
Member # 5246

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for drelisabeth   Email drelisabeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the last unicorn was creepy as a kid and it still disturbs me that my parents rented it for 7 year old me. strangely enough, i could watch nightmare on elm street and the exorcist without flinching, but when 'the red bull' chased all those uincorns into the sea and all the waves were actually unicorns cresting...i had to cover my eyes or run out of the room.
Posts: 3 | From: washington | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home