iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Good scary movies for a halloween party?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good scary movies for a halloween party?
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would you rate as good movies for a halloween party that a family can watch? aiming towards 80s films of course, 15 / PG13 rated should be ok.

A few I can think of that might fit the category would be:

The Monster Squad
The Gate
Gremlins

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cotter
Rewinder
Member # 5081

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Cotter   Author's Homepage   Email Cotter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course Ghostbusters! And some other ones I could sugges for the whole fam;

Teen Wolf (1 and Too)

Beetlejuice

Return of the Living Dead Part II (Although it's rated R it was more aimed towards kids. Should be fine if they don't mine a couple exploding heads)

Once Bitten

Twilight Zone: The Movie

Return of the Killer Tomatoes

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark

Just to name a few of my faves [Big Grin]

Posts: 42 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trick or Treat
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say

monster squad
gremlins
teen wolf
once bitten

Can't really think of anymore. [Confused]

Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice selection! I think I have all of those except the Twilight Zone movie (wot no DVD release), but Teen Wolf Too kinda sucked [Wink]

There looks to be a vampire theme happening in the list, in that case The Lost Boys & Vamp are nice additions.

[ 21. October 2006, 16:16: Message edited by: The Wizard ]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We mentioned Gremlins earlier, would the second one fit as well?

VINCENT VAN GHOUL: Only YOU can return the demons to the chest!
SHAGGY: Like why us!!??
VAN GHOUL: Because YOU let them out!!!!!!

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cotter
Rewinder
Member # 5081

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Cotter   Author's Homepage   Email Cotter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Shaggy, another great 80's jem is Scooby-Doo! And the Reluctant Wearwolf.
Posts: 42 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not real scary, but what about Lady in White? It was nice and spooky. Someone mentioned The Gate...I say yes, definitely.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reluctant Werewolf is a good one, the best of Scooby's many 80s telefilms. And this one does actually get a bit scary at times with some of the things Dracula and associates (I love "Mr. Bonejangles" the best) do to keep Shaggy from winning and becoming human again still a bit unnerving over 15 years later, including the tornado he brews up at the end (it would help of course if Drac didn't surround himself with such moronic hunchbacks). Plus, we can revel that it was Scrappy's final hurrah; afterwards they finally realized no one in America liked him and went back to the classic group of characters to this day.

"Only YOU can return the demons to the chest!"
"Like why us!!??
"Because YOU let them out!!!!"

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to watch a scary flick or two but needed some suggestions. I prefer the creepy stuff over the cat jumping onto the screen stuff. Stuff like Nightmare on Elm Street was pretty creepy to me.
Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

[ 01. October 2012, 17:57: Message edited by: gotta go back ]

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..A Few I'd throw in

Prom Night II: Hello Mary Lou
The Blob
The Craft
Gremlins
A Nightmare Before Chrstmas
Howling
Night of the Creeps
Creepshow

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poltergeist! Most definitely!
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home