iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Friday the 13th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday the 13th
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well because Friday the 13th is coming up I thought we should start a discussion about these movies. I've been watching some of them latley and I forgot how much I enjoyed them. I remember the first time me and my brother watched a bunch of them in a row and how much we loved them. It was a friday 13th and they played them all day and we sat there and watched in amazement.

I look forward to watching a few on Friday and relaxing. Doesn't get much better. Just curious if any of you are going to be doing the same. Also which ones are your favorites. I really like 3-5 the most. That's when he gets the hockey mask instead of the sack over is head.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I think I listed my favorites in order a long time ago on here.

One sec, I'll try to find it.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Anyway.

The best to the worst.

4 (the final chapter)
Nothing like Crispin Glover and Corey Feldman and a good machete to the head. I was waiting for Crispin to say, "Take your damn hands off her."

7 (The New Blood)
It just worked. I honestly thought it was really good. Different, but that was ok.

1 The original, enough said.

6 (Jason lives) Humor made this Friday a great one, but sometimes it was more funny than scary

I tied the last one with

2 A good movie, different and Jason's first. Not to many movies would be daring enough to kill a guy in a wheelchair.

3 The 3-D wasn't great. The movie was ok. It tied some things together well.

Freddy vs. Jason Could be ranked higher, but I decided that would ruin the integrity of Jason.

Jason X - a good movie for the bucks that I spent on it in the movies.

8 - the first one that I was allowed to see in the movies, it was bad. real bad.

5 - Dudley from Different Strokes was the only saving grace.

the worst is 9. Jason isn't even Jason till the end. Terrible bad.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HATED Jason X. I liked (really liked) Freddy vs. Jason. I liked 1 and 2. I used to watch the Friday the 13th movies on that date. I don't do it much anymore. On New Year's Eve 1999, the Movie Channel had the "Last Marathon of the Millenium." They showed all the Friday the 13ths. I stayed up till 4 AM watching them. I guess I had my fill then!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch those marathons too but my friend gave me the box set so now I just watch those. I really only like a few of them: Part One , Part Two, Part Six and FREDDY VS JASON.
I hated parts 9 and 10.

[ 12. October 2006, 06:50: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked them all up to Jason Takes Manhattan. I didnt care for any after that.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is the much maligned Part V. The basic plot of the Friday 13th movies, (and countless others, like Nightmare on Elm Street, Child's Play, Halloween, Evil Dead) - is dead teenagers. But Friday the 13th part V goes one step further - the victims are mentally disturbed and mentally retarded teens. Its so wrong, it's hilarious.
Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home