iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » the secret of my success

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the secret of my success
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a movie which im sure i have seen but cant remember anything about it. I was going to buy this on dvd the other day because it was only £5 but i cant remember if it was good or not so i would like to here other peoples views
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Blake, it used to be on all the time, and it's worth the pick up, definitely an underrated Fox movie.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blake,

It's a must-have. And at a fiver, you really can't go wrong.

Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the replys i think im gonna get it and ill let everyone know what i think
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE this movie. Saw it at the theater like 5 times. Not sure how many times I have seen it since. Be it on VHS, DVD, or cable. I really loved Margaret Whitton (Auntie Vera!) She was awesome.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast-rewind has an entire site dedicated to it here [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefox
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5000

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for firefox   Email firefox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a light movie, but it's cool [Cool] .Honestly speaking, when I watched this film the 1st thing that comes to my mind is the word 'unrealistic', 'just in the movies'. Moral lesson in the story - in life it's not on WHAT you know that counts the most, it's always WHO you know. [Big Grin]
Posts: 29 | From: Sydney | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow! I didn't know this one was from '87!
Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chucky
Rewinder
Member # 4575

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chucky   Email Chucky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome film, i can watch it over and over. Oh my god, Auntie Vera, wow she was hot. And im only young-ish. lol.
Posts: 36 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by firefox:
It's a light movie, but it's cool [Cool] .Honestly speaking, when I watched this film the 1st thing that comes to my mind is the word 'unrealistic', 'just in the movies'. Moral lesson in the story - in life it's not on WHAT you know that counts the most, it's always WHO you know. [Big Grin]

...and that's unrealistic? [Smile]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Ive got it on dvd now i watched it the other day and loved it its a typical 80's movie
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Glad you took the plunge. It is a good movie. [Smile]
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching this movie at the moment..........after watching Bright Lights Big blah blah. I need this!!

Have always loved MJFox in this one....the soundtrack is pretty great...for cheesy "made for the movie" songs to overplayed but still lovely classics......bow bow chica chica...um bow bow...........I'll give my rundown when i've finished it [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember back when I first saw this movie when it first came out...i was a bit too young to understand alot of the adult humor in it..but now that i'm grown up and I get all the jokes now...it's become one of my favorite MJ Fox films...i say this movie is worth double that asking price...so I say go for it.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The secret of my success is I'm living... 25 hours a day!"
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie and i love the Night Ranger tune!
Night Ranger still alive and kickin´.

Night Ranger homepage

Night Ranger - The Secret Of My Success

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such an outstanding comedy! MJF has some of the best reactive expressions of the 80's.

OhhhYeeaaahhhh

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got this dvd for 5 bucks.
thumbs up for the movie, but thumbs down for MJF's hair changes throughout... [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey blake, got to this post too late...i found in Tesco a dvd set of 7 80s movies for £8 inc ferris, Plains trains, aeroplane, footloose, pretty in p and weired sci
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
25 hours a day!!! haha got me singing there.

It's one of those even though I hadn't watched it in a few years it was like watching it all over again....i'd kind of forgotten what happens in the main story......MJ was so great!

Ronnie, funny! I never noticed his hair changing? Helen Slater's hair bugged me haha but I guess it was supposed to be corporate 80's lady........in the scenes where she's suppose to be relaxed her hair looked 80's awesome! haha

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Muffy, Helen Slater's hair reminded me of that line by Melanie Griffith in Working Girl: "I have a head for business and a bod for sin"

There was definately the 'tiger inside the business suit' that MJ managed to kick-start....

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Working Girl is one of my favorite movies and I love that line! hahaha
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
thumbs up for the movie, but thumbs down for MJF's hair changes throughout... [Wink]
Never noticed before!

quote:
Helen Slater's hair bugged me haha but I guess it was supposed to be corporate 80's lady........in the scenes where she's suppose to be relaxed her hair looked 80's awesome!
Helen Slater's hair was magnificent! She looked great in this movie! *She* should be the iconic woman of the 80's - not this Kelly LeBrook person!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home