iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Little mermaid PE dvd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Little mermaid PE dvd
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys i was wondering who else is excited about tlm pe dvd ? i m so excited i went and preordered it from best buy for five bucks that way when it comes out i only have to pay ten dollars that day [Smile] plus best buy always gives aaway something cool with the disney releases. so i was just wondering who else was gonna grab one. i remember being seven and going to the movie to see this with my mom and little brother i was so excited [Smile] aww memories
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to get it, but we're going to tuck it away for our daughter until christmas. I think we'll also get her Curious George.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aww that will be a fun christmas present [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walt had acutally considered doing this one back in the 40s (among other ideas that never panned out were his own version of The Wizard of Oz, before MGM beat him to the punch). Indeed one of the advantages of animating characters underwater is that you don't have to take gravity into effect for their movements as much.

Usually I'm not that much of a chick flick person--as that's essentially what this is--but the sheer joy of watching this one leaves me open to make an exception. Even when it was released, I could sense the thrill of discovery and just general enjoyment the animators had putting it together. You can genuinely connect with all the characters, and it's a very good adaptation to boot. If they just looked to do things like this more often, they wouldn't be in such a rut today (although now that John Lassetter's in charge of the animated department, there's still hope...)

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home