iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Creepshow 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Creepshow 2
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this on DVD at Sam's yesterday, along with My Bloody Valentine. I got them for under $10 each. I've never seen Creepshow 2, though I have seen the original. Has anyone else seen it? Is it any good?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Creepshow 2 is cool. I like the story with the teenagers going swimming in the lake. Sam's Club has some really good horror movies for under $10 bucks this week. I just bought Witchboard and Friday the 13th from there yesterday. I also bought several Nightmare on Elm Streets for $4.88 at Sam's.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Sam's has a different selection than mine--they had the two I bought, Halloween, Hellraiser and Tales From the Darkside (which I started to get). Walmart usually has lots of horror movies around this time of year, but I didn't see any yesterday.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
creepshow 2 is wayy scary wow i need to go check out sams club for some scary flicks i love scary movies especially this time of year [Smile] thanks for the info guys
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Thanks for the ride lady.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it although I liked the original better. Creepshow 2 would have been better had there been more stories. Nonetheless a good buy!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

Thanks for the ride lady.

We are DEVO

OMG!! Devo, I say that line all the time...My friend Greg and I laugh our a$$es off everytime! I swear to God, I said it yesterday! Weird [Razz] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember before I saw the movie a friend drove me home late on nighta nd when I got out of his car I said "Thanks for the ride" and he freaked out on me, having juts seen the movie. He didnt want to drive home in the dark, thinking about that dead guy popping up all over the road!

I have both CREEPSHOW and CREEPSHOW 2 and have to agree the first one is better than the second one. But I do like them both: And my favorite story in 2 is also the teens swimming.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the one about the teen s swimming always freaked me out and the one about the ride . wow i need to go get it for my mom creapshow 2 is her favorite of them
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved the little animation at the start i loved this movie a must to get on dvd
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Well, I watched it last night. It was decent; the first one is definitely better. I liked the one about Ol' Chief Woodenhead.
buttabfli
Rewind Curious
Member # 5044

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for buttabfli   Email buttabfli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes!!! Creepshow 2 is good!!! Better than the 1st in my opinon. I'm one who likes to have a collection of a series of DVDs, like all the Halloweens, Jaws, etc...well, I had both Creepshows and ended up selling my Creep1 cause it just wasn't as good as the 2nd one.

I love the kids on the lake and also "Thanks for the Ride Lady"...the hitchiker who keeps coming back....he used to terrify me as a kid!!! But anyhow, it's well worth the purchase!!

Posts: 4 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched this today...liked it better than the 1st one...Made me realize a movie like this would never be released today without a bunch of crappy CGI. Loved Tom Savini as the Creep!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
I just watched this today...liked it better than the 1st one...Made me realize a movie like this would never be released today without a bunch of crappy CGI. Loved Tom Savini as the Creep!

Did you watch it OnDemand? because I just did last week [Smile] I'd seen it before but only rembered the last story. Still a fun watch.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't watched this start to finish in forever, but it was one that haunted my childhood. Especially "The Raft"! My sister still always says, "Thanks for the ride, lady!". It disturbed her too, I guess.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Raft is by far the best segment in either "Creepshow" movie.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
The Raft is by far the best segment in either "Creepshow" movie.

And yet on paper it just sounds odd; a sentient oil slick! It's unforgettable.

"I beat you!"

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home