iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Shocker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shocker
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this when I was 12. It was on Sci-fi last night, so I decided to watch it. For some reason, it wasn't as good as it was all those years ago. And too, I just can't get into watching a movie that's been edited. I had to in college, unless I rented something, because we didn't get HBO or anything like that. So I had to watch stuff on USA or TNT. I'll say one thing for the movie, though...it had a pretty good soundtrack.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one alot often mentioned in the same sentence as House 3 which I'm also a fan of.
I think it was originally to have sequels but it didn't perform so well (surprisingly a remake is in the works).
Apparently tere were dolls of Horace Pinker, but they didn't go on sale.
Any other fans? (Megadeth's version and music video of Alice Cooper's No More Mr.Nice Guy is worth seeking out)

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any other fans of this film? I like Johnathan in it, he seemed moe innocent compared to alot of other teenagers in films, that's partly why I like him, he doesn't try to act cool or a tough guy.
Unfortunatly, it looks that there might be a remake - I'd be happier if films I care about were left alone.
Horace Pinker was quite scary also, however like Freddy is less so because of his one-liners.
Too bad we didn't see more of Cami Cooper who played Johnathan's girlfriend, who dies at the hands of Pinker.
The opening credit song 'Shocker' was really cool, as was 'Sword &Stone' on the end credit sequence.  -

[ 12. July 2007, 10:18: Message edited by: james Andrews ]

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball_Fury06
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4514

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Baseball_Fury06   Email Baseball_Fury06   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sword & Stone by Bonfire, great song
Posts: 30 | From: San Antonio Tx | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
Many people compare it to House III which is also cool, but I think I prefer Shocker.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have the soundtrack cd. I love it! (Loved the soundtrack, not the movie)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home