iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bachelor Party 2 is coming

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bachelor Party 2 is coming
tenohtwo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1926

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tenohtwo   Author's Homepage   Email tenohtwo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the front page of the Bachelor Party website:

"The rumours appear to be true. Bachelor Party will soon have a sequel. Bob Israel, Neal Israel, and Ron Moler will all return as Producers (the Israel brothers will serve as Executive Producers). Confirmed by original Bachelor Party producer Bob Israel, "The script is still being developed, but the studio would like to get something out early next year." No word on any returning cast members, and since a new script is being written, it's probably safe to say that it won't be an updated remake. There are also reports online suggesting that BP2 will be a direct-to-DVD release. More to come"

As a BP fan, I have mixed emotions. A sequel 20 years later could mean a next-generation type of film, or a 'son of Rick Gassko' story. I currently find myself cursing remakes of movies like Back To School (remaking Ferris would be a Federal offense), and am sort-of glad that BP isn't just an updated re-deux. At the same time, will a belated sequel taint the original? The direct-to-DVD talk is not encouraging, either, though I have read of a wave of sequels coming out straight to DVD over the next couple of years. Once I hear back on casting, the story, the music, etc., I'll return with an update. If you want to visit the website, the link can be found on the Fast Rewind page for Bachelor Party.

Thoughts?

Posts: 27 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well has there been any type of casting rumors yet?? I think it has been long enough that it would be better if they just did a remake of sorts. It seems any time that you stick a 2 at the end of a movie then things just seem to go down hill.

If it is headed for DVD then it may be doomed.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home