iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Can U Name this Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can U Name this Movie
80's Junkie
Rewind Curious
Member # 4882

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80's Junkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, lets see. I will give as much details about this movie as possible. I remember seeing it on cable on either showtime or HBO back in the 80's. I'm guessing it was airing anywhere between 1981-1984

A woman returns to her home which is on a tropical island. I don't remember what island though. Anyway, she is returning home from schooling in America. She brings with her her chatty American friend.

The island girl reunites with a childhood friend. He lives in a hut that is out in the ocean right off shore on stilts. He has befriended a shark which he treats almost like a pet. There is some trouble with the villagers with their "catches" gone missing and they are blaming the shark. So they want to hunt it down and kill it. But the guy and his old friend who fall in love try to save the sharks life. Meanwhile, the American friend falls for one of the islanders but he doesn't speak any English.

That is all I remember. Anyone have a clue?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80's Junkie
Rewind Curious
Member # 4882

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80's Junkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bump*
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home