iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top Three 80's Movies You're Still Waiting On For The DVD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Top Three 80's Movies You're Still Waiting On For The DVD
Blondie Rules
Rewind Curious
Member # 4861

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blondie Rules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pacific Heights and The Boy who could Fly!

But really how funny was Hamburger!

Posts: 4 | From: Home | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wild Life

Night of the Comet

Harbodies

ETC, ETC

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man.. I have a few. I have to agree with those who said...

Night Of The Comet
The Legend Of Billie Jean
Electric Dreams
Modern Girls
Fire With Fire

I don't think this one was mentioned, and I think it was released in the late 80's, but "Jack's Back" with James Spader and Cynthia Gibb

Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willow I am with you on all of those except Electric Dreams, the guy in that one creeped me out. I am still anxiously awaiting my fav's:

Fire with Fire
The Legend of Billie Jean
Night of the Comet

I would also like to add to my list:

Howard the Duck and Harry and the Hendersons!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Legend of Billie Jean
Private School
Three for the Road

Also...

Night of the Comet
Monster Squad
Harry and the Hendersons
Zapped

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Boy Who Could Fly has been released on DVD in the US.

My three would be:

The Keep
Vibes
The Invisible Kid

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jjp:
Hamburger the movie
Where the boys are 84'
Fraternity Vaction
Spring break

Fraternity Vacation is out on DVD. I bought it like 2 years ago at Best Buy. I'm sure you can get it cheap on Amazon, Ebay or DeepDiscountDVD.

You gotta love Joe, Mother and Chaz Lawler the third. [Razz]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ubiquitex
Rewind Curious
Member # 5030

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ubiquitex   Email ubiquitex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap I just saw here that The Boy Who Could Fly was on DVD so I searched for it. This trailer is insane. So freaking 80s.

Boy Who Could Fly trailer

-

Posts: 1 | From: Berkeley, CA | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add Morgan Stewart's Coming Home to my list. One of my new favorite movies!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mannequinn 2 and Deadly Friend.
Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Night of the Comet - lack of DVD is a travesty

2) Screwballs (if you like Porky's and American Pie, you're in for a pleasant surprise - thankfully I have it on VHS)

3) The Gong Show Movie - I was a teen in the 80s but a pre-teen in the last 70s, and this show (1976-80) is still probably the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV. The movie, a rehash of the TV series, was made in 1980. Thankfully, some clips are showing up on youtube, including the infamous Popsicle Twins act that got The Gong Show banned from network TV.

Also - since most agree that Can't Buy Me Love is one of the absolute best teen movies ever made, where is the widescreed collector's edition? The DVD that exists is just a full screen version, so barebones that it doesn't even have the trailer on it!

Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i m waitting for
little darlings
private school
ode to billy joe
and i would love a special edition of can't buy me love
o and
modern girls

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOUTHERN COMFORT, THE ROAD WARRIOR and THE MONSTER SQUAD; all with worthy extras.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are probably heaps that you guys have in the states that we don't have here but "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" would be my pick. I don't get it...particularly with Sarah Jessica Parker's, Helen Hunt's, and, to a lesser degree, Shannen Doherty's success. Do you have it on DVD in the states and are we likely to get it here?
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
girls just want to have fun has been on dvd for about 2 years now. I bought mine super cheap off ebay. Great 80's film!! One of my all time favs.
Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 1/2 years later and I'm still waiting on "Modern Girls" to get released on DVD. At least, "Night of the Comet" and "Private School" are on DVD!

Now I want them on Blu-ray....it will never end. Next is 3-D and then holograms..

What is on your current 'Wish it was on DVD' list?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Modern Girls (haven't seen it yet, but as Valley knows, I'm dying to...)

-Legend of Billie Jean

-Fear, Anxiety, and Depression (has anyone seen this besides me?)

-Little Darlings

-The Wild Life

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spellbinder
Fire with Fire
Legend of Billie Jean

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:

-Fear, Anxiety, and Depression (has anyone seen this besides me?)

I only know about it because of "Welcome To the Dollhouse"...someone was talking about it and said the same guy did this other interesting movie called "Fear, Anxiety, & Depression"...so I rented the VHS. It was good, but not on my must have DVD list.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I forgot "Fire with Fire" too.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*The Legend Of Billie Jean

*On The Right Track w' Gary Coleman (OK...I know I'm the only one waiting for this one)

*Vibes

*The Making Of Michael Jackson's Thriller

*Enter The Ninja

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
My updated top 3:

1. Modern Girls (1986)

2. RAD (1986)

3. The In Crowd (1988)

80'sRocked ...we were discussing 1986 in horror.. that year needs some DVD releases too.

Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked back through the thread and I love that Night of the Comet is on like literally everyones list! There are so many of my friends and family that just look at the cover of my dvd when browsing to borrow and give me that "What is wrong with you?" look...no luck in getting any of them to sit down for a viewing though...their loss...the heathens! [Wink]

My top three of all time interestingly all miss the cut-off by mere months as they were released in 79 and interestingly all three have a decidedly 70's feel to them even though they were so close:
Scavenger Hunt
The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
Americathon

If I have to go strict 80's, I would have to say:

Up The Creek - Nothing less than a three disc special edition will suffice with poster and artwork from every country and in depth interviews and retrospective.
 -

Tales of the Gold Monkey - Actually not a movie, but rather a TV Series, but I still want it!

-

Nightmares - Yes, I know, but I am not paying over $50.00+ for it just because the manufacturer discontinued it. They need to recontinue it with original trailers, making of, poster and current interviews with Emilio Estevez, Lance Henricksen and Veronica Cartwright to see if they even remember making this movie!

-

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1badgmc
Rewinder
Member # 8501

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1badgmc   Email 1badgmc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3. It Takes Two
2. Speed Zone!
1. Legend of Billie Jean

Look how many times The Legend of Billie Jean was listed in this thread. I think somebody needs to do something about that one I've got a pretty decent copy I burned and made up a case for and stuck in my collection as a placeholder until a proper DVD is released...hopefully.

Posts: 33 | From: WF, TX | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Earl ... as a former basketball gym rat.. I always loved the movie "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh"... Dr. J was such the legend I never really knew.

Mighty, Mighty Pisces!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home