iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anyone know the name of these 2 films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know the name of these 2 films
Shimmy189
Rewind Curious
Member # 4854

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shimmy189   Email Shimmy189   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both I remember as a kid but no-one I know knows the names but remembers seeing them. First one has a scene mid way I where the guy is driving a truck with a turret on top and the aiming electronics fail, he gets out and pulls out a computer board which is fried and then gets back in and has to drive on the right hand side of the road to shoot the bad guys. Second one is a film that starts with a kid on the phone and through the windows flies in a doorway that when he goes through he becomes a toon then he has an adventure and when he goes back the friend he was talking to on the phone is still there like time had stopped, the doorway then leaves and appears in that kids room and the film ends. Thanks!
Posts: 1 | From: Brighton, UK | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second one is definately The Phantom Tollbooth

IMDB Page

Not sure about the first - someone will know though.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 1st movie could be Spacehunter or Metalstorm. They both had a futuristic truck-type vehicle with weapons on it.
Or...now that I think about it, it couls be Death Race 2000 or Warlords of the 21st Century too. Try some of those titles.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought of another one it could be.... Megaforce! They had vehicles with weapons on them too. I loved the cool motorcycles with rocket launchers on the handlebars.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home