iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Secret Admirer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Secret Admirer
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching it last night, and then fell asleep at the end. But, I love this movie. I love the soundtrack. I love how it starts out with them showing the letter being written. I thought C.Thomas Howell was cute in this movie, but he was a snob at the beginning, when Toni says..heck, I don't have any standards...I'd even go out with you. And he says " well I do have standards, so that will never happen." That was mean.

I love Lori Laughlin's hair, and her red leather outfit that looked like something that made her look like Michael Jackson's twin. I liked the white shirt with the glitter on it that she had on with it.

I thought C. Thomas Howell was pretty cute in this movie. I like seeing all his friends having fun, hanging out above the garage after raiding the fridge. I like his friend Roger's van. I love when they are at the party and he tells Steve his car was being broke in to so that "Michael" can try hooking up with Deborah.
I like when Roger takes a plate of food , and folds it in half and shoves it in his pants...and then Steve comes back...and yells at him...and they take off running and are yelling...Open the Door, Start the Van...Open the Door, and they jump in the van, and take off, but the gate is locked, so they back up, and stop and all the guys are right there and could grab them, and then they take off again, that was so cool. I just love how they get all that goofy stuff on tape in a movie.

It is cool, it's like nobody else can play those parts but those people, I just think it is really cool writing that they use to do in movies...like having Corey Haim eating fruit loops with chocolate syrup on them, and then the mom eats some, and then Michael comes out and starts eating them, it is really funny the way they do it.

[ 12. June 2006, 20:56: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie too! I never saw it in the 80's. I only watched it after we found it at the Vintage Video Store like a year or two ago! Such a great cast!! Kelly Preston is gorgeous in this! I love her outfits. The guy who played Steve was in Making The Grade. What a change of characters for him! He was so preppy in Making The Grade and then a tough/jock/scumbag in Secret Admirer.

I love when Lori Loughlin tells Kelly Preston to wear something demure on her date and she responds with, "Oh, Christian Demure, I have tons of her stuff." Classic! Little Corey is adorable. Every now and then I'll say "Whoa, Radical" just in honor of that quote! I think the best character in the movie however, is Lou, Kelly Preston's father. That guy was hilarious, especially his scenes with Steverino!

[ 13. June 2006, 05:10: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I like Lou too (Fred Ward) I love the whole fight scene when they are playing Bridge.

Kelly Preston was really cute. I just thought Lori Laughlin was as cute though. I thought Steve was creepy....didn't he play a creepy bad guy in a movie??

The one friend of C. Thomas Howell's is in Fire with Fire. I like when they are all kind of hanging out at the Burger joint that Roger works in, it's like they are all either working there or hanging there...and Toni comes through the Drive Thru...that was great...when she takes the ballbat to Roger's car...that's what he gets for lying.

I love when Michael and Toni are at the pizza place, and he gives her his rough draft of the letter...the one where he says something like I love you more than all of yesterdays tomorrows.
He says he's too nervous to eat, but he then says he'll have a meatball sandwich too, and then he says a pizza, and then he adds everything, and goes from a small to a large.
It is the kind of stuff I remember it being exactly like that when I was a teenager.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Come on guys, I saw this movie before I was in High School. It's great. The Chocolate Syrup on the cereal? Classic.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that movie. How cute were they: Lori Loughlin and C Thomas Howell? As a teen I wanted to look like her and date him!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.........Didnt someone on this site tell us they were once briefly married?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I find it? Sounds like a good movie! [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret Admirer is a perfect feel good movie for a Sunday Afternoon. This movie has so much fun with misunderstanding the obvious. The old saying that "you should stop searching for your dream girl and look right in front of you for a change" holds true in this movie. The part with the parents is hilarious hijinks.

Let's not forget that movie best bud Courtney Gains is in this movie as well.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my all time favorites. It's just got that winning mix of a fun plot, fashion
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my all time favorites. It's just got that winning mix of a fun plot, fashion styles and tender moments that you love. I would love to get the DVD, but wish there would be something with special features or something. Definetly get this MA, it's a winner.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite as good, but Lori Loughlin fans should check out "The Night Before" (1988). I know Devo has seen it. Anyone else?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Valley is correct. I have seen "The night before" it's worth your time.

WE are DEVO

Not to mention another Lori Loughlin Classic - RAD

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I think I have seen this movie a billion times. Then why in the heck haven't I bought the DVD yet? LOL!
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have the soundtrack cassette and remember the video for "First Day of Summer" because it had Steve Anton from Last American Virgin in it.

Great movie.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH wow Bob you have the soundtrack cassette?? I am so jealous because there are a ton of great songs on that soundtrack.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a lot of soundtracks from 80's movies in my attic but since I have no way to transfer them to CD I really can't listen to them anymore.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home