iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Strange Brew

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Brew
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who here likes the McKenzie brothers' film? I think the opening and closing titles capture well their TV act. I just love when Bob drinks the entire vat of beer to avoid death and ends up looking like Violet Beauregard after that blueberry incident. Still, I can't help wonder how much better it would have been if Moranis nad Thomas hadn't been at odds with the rest of the SCTV crew (so bad in fact that Joe Flaherty told one reporter years later he would have left after Season 4 if they hadn't) and had done the film with all of them (although I can't quite see where Catherine O'Hara would have fit into the plot if it had been this way; I can mentally cover all the major roles with the others). I've heard that Moranis and Thomas tried to put together a sequel a few years back, but it didn't pan out at the time, although Thomas says it's not completely dead yet.

Your thoughts?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them all right! Very funny! It has been a long time since I have seen this show and I really need to get it on DVD. I think a sequal would be a great idea. How about the Brothers 20 years later.......still doing exactly the same thing except with more wrinkles!! HAHAHAHA
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take Off!! You Hosers!

I love them...I love the Great White North Album...we use to listen to it over and over, someone put it on a CD for me a few years ago, and I played it for my son, and we laughed so hard. He liked the 12 Days of Christmas...and we have Strange Brew too. We loved when they painted the dog to look like a skunk, so they could be more beer.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dog flying was so random. That was hilarious! I liked their space video too. Hilarious movie.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home