iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » opinions about Fast Times (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: opinions about Fast Times
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to get everybodys opinion about Linda; Phoebe Cates character from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

All during the movie she talks about how experienced she is with sex and that she has Doug an older more mature person from Chicago as a boyfriend. But every time I watch this movie I become more and more convinced that Doug is a figment of her imagination and that she is in fact a virgin.

agree? disagree?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i agree!! i noticed that the second time i watched it... she changes things she had said about her 'mature' boyfriend!
great film though! [Smile]

Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's more like she had a long distance relationship, and they didn't see each other that much, so she forgot stuff...cause it had been a long time.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with sammy here. I think she was talking out of her butt and made him up to look cool in front of her friends. I thought it was kinda obvious but I could be totally wrong.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The letter she is reading from him at the end, do you guys think she wrote it to herself?? [Confused]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Personally, I think she didn't just practice on carrots all day long...but that's my opinion. [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, some things don't add up with Doug. She comes off as being this so-called experienced woman in the cafeteria, but she gets all grossed out with Judge Reinhold in the bathroom.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she thought it would impress people if they thought she was experienced and all but you can tell if you pay attention that she's making it all up.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I ever mention that my name is Doug and I live in Chicago? [Wink]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well...even if you have "been around"...who wants to walk in on that mess??? I am not sure how you couldn't be grossed out by that. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Infact, I don't think anything in life can prepare a person for something that traumatic... [Wink] [Razz] [Roll Eyes]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Goof...YOU WISH! [Razz] [Razz] [Wink] [Wink]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say about that is Brad Hamilton had a pretty bad week.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
He decided to make his own special sauce. Bahahahahahaha!!! [Confused] [Wink] [Razz] [Eek!]
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there was a Doug but it was nowhere near the kind of relationship Linda thought it was in her mind. He probably fooled around with her a few times but knew she was just a young naive girl who he could take advantage of. Linda however thought she was all the wiser for it. Silly girl [Frown] .
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cindy....I think you really are on to something....

it's scary....but makes perfect sense to me now...

DOUG=VALLEY [Razz] [Eek!] [Confused]

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, say it isn't so!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Well...even if you have "been around"...who wants to walk in on that mess??? I am not sure how you couldn't be grossed out by that. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Infact, I don't think anything in life can prepare a person for something that traumatic... [Wink] [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

that part i agree with. whether she was experienced or not being grossed out by that is a normal reaction.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cancel that road trip to Chicago. [Razz]
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Naaaaah, there's no Doug, just a lonely carrot lovin' virgin.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Watch out Easter Bunny!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I was referring to the Easter Bunny....
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

I think Madonna had a better chance of being a virgin than Linda did.

The Easter Bunny

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Isn't it past your bed time...GoofBunny...???
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home