iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The first time you saw....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The first time you saw....
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you remember the first time you saw certain classic movies?

I remember watching Raiders of the Lost Ark at high school. It was the last day of school for my first year, and since there were no classes, half the school was bustled into the hall and we got to watch Raiders and War Games.

I remember seeing Top Gun at a cinema in Bendigo on a school trip. I had voted to see Aliens, but thanks to democracy, I had to sit through Top Gun.

I also remember seeing ET at the drive in, my Dad took my little brother and I. I think it was the first time I had been to the drive in.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad and cousin took me to see a double bill of Superman 1 and 2. I was so excited!
Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I seldom go to watch movies at the theaters anymore because I'd rather wait for the DVD and watch it at home, but in the late 70's and early 80's I was constantly at the movies. Some quick memories:

"Halloween"...I snuck in with a friend while only 11 years old and this might have been the beginnings of my coolness. The other kids were hanging on our every word the next day at school.

"Valley Girl"....I took at chance on this movie while on a date back in 1983. Dumped my date for Julie Richman and lived happily ever after.

"All The Right Moves"...My buddies and I went to this movie right before basketball season started and it hit home with what we were feeling as athletes before a big game. Plus, I learned not to dump garbage on my coach's lawn after a big loss.

"The Heavenly Kid"....My brother was friends with Lewis Smith from the movie, so we actually went to a sneak preview the night before the movie actually opened which was kind of neat.

"Top Gun"...People make fun of this movie now, but it still resinates as a movie that shaped a generation of "You Lost That Lovin' Feeling" teenagers in the late 80's.

"Weird Science"...I laughed so hard at Chet, I think I might have embarrassed a few friends that night. I'm not a huge laugh out loud person, but this movie just struck me the right way that night for some reason.

"Dirty Dancing"...another date movie, but my date was so hot, I decided to put baby in a corner for awhile that night. [Cool]

I have tons more, but you get the picture.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pops23
Rewind Curious
Member # 2782

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for pops23   Email pops23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing Red Dawn with my sister at a local theater...remember it because was about the time we started getting along nolonger fighting like brothers and sisters do also remember seeing The Terminator with my older brother at a drive in me and a friend seeing Strange Brew in the theater
Posts: 7 | From: Home | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember every movie I ever saw at the movies.

One of the best memories-is me and my Aunt and my mom going to see Grease when I was 11 years old. They took me to Pizza Hut, and we went to see it, and I LOVED it, and became obsessed with the movie.

I saw Terror in the Aisles-the first time I ever went on a real date. We went to the Mall first and walked around, and out for pizza, and then went to see that movie...to me it was a perfect night.

I saw Mischief-with my boyfriend, his brother, his sister, and her best friend...I can remember what I was even wearing, and that after the movie everyone said I looked like Catherine Mary Stewart. I remember before the movie we had got a locker in the mall for my boyfriend's brother, because he went in to a GNC and bought this giant container of stuff that was suppose to make you gain weight-cause he thought he was too thin, and after the movie-they had locked the mall, but the security guard let us in, and we were running through the mall like the scene in The Breakfast Club.

The night I went to see Top Gun,a guy that was a really good friend of mine, was hanging out with me, while I was getting ready for my date with someone else, and he would lay on my bed, and watch me sit there and curl my hair, and we would talk about everything, and I knew he liked me alot, well that night...the guy I was going on the date with was outside talking to my mom, and I was sitting on a bench trying to stick my shoes on, and the guy that was my friend grabbed my shoe, and said don't go to the movies with him, stay here with me, and grabbed me and gave me a kiss, I had no clue what to do, I couldn't think straight....I went to the movie, but I think that is one of the reasons I don't care for Top Gun, is I can't concentrate enough on the movie to make it through it, cause I always think of what happened before I went to see it. WOOO HOOO.

I remember one of the few times I drank alcohol, we had gone to the college a friend of mine was, and I got sick, and I was with 2 guys and my best girlfriend, and the one guy flung me over his shoulder and carried me to the car, I fell asleep in the back seat, they all sat up front, they practically carried me in to the movies to see TWINS, and I slept the whole way through it, but they said I didn't miss anything.

I have so many great movie memories, it was always fun to go to the movies...cause I always was with people I liked, and we were having a blast.

I remember seeing Batman at a matinee, and coming out of the theater and how if it is bright out, you feel Blinded by the sun from sitting in the dark, I just remember us screaming...we're blind!...when we came out of there.

I remember when I moved away from home for the first time, how my roomates and my boyfriend and I would all go to the movies every weekend...I remember seeing Some Kind of Wonderful twice, and Witchboard twice at the movies. We would go shopping at the mall first, I remember buying this awesome pair of denim high heels the one night....that's when clothes were so cool.

I remember talking all the people I worked with in to going to see The Lost Boys at a matinee, while we were suppose to be working, and we loved it!

For a Halloween party at my apartment in 1987 we rented a big screen tv and vcr, after we moved all the furniture over to the new apartment, we all got pizza and laid on blankets at the old apartment, and hung out and watched The Stepfather.

I went to see Roadhouse for my 21st birthday with a guy who was my best friend at the time, I remember I had on a white mini shirt, red high heels and a red short sleeved shirt on, and we were all dressed up, we went out to eat, and then to see that movie, and it was a great date movie...fer shur. I remember the guy I was with had a black sports car, and we had the sun roof opened, and we were listening to the song Rock On by Michael Damien.

I have so many movie memories, I would Crash the Rewind for sure.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home