iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Whatever Happened To Our Love Of Patrick Swayze?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whatever Happened To Our Love Of Patrick Swayze?
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the 80s he was loved by women because he was handsome and could dance, and he was loved by men for Roadhouse and other 80s action flicks.

What happened to our obsession with People Magazines Sexiest man alive in 91?

Where has all the love gone?

Where are you Swayze lovers now? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali, I still love him. Not for the dance moves so much as for Roadhouse, which I mentioned in another thread. I cannot pull myself away from the television if it's on. I also just watched about a month ago an indie move call 11:14, recommended to me by Motleyrulz, and Swayze had a small part in it. It was a good movie, if you haven't seen it yet- it's kinda like Crash, or Go, with about 5 or 6 different stories happening at the same time.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds cool, and I know what you mean about Roadhouse. It was on regular TV the other night and my boyfriend freaked out and put in the DVD because he said "all the good parts get cut!"

It is a great movie although a lil over the top at times but it's Swayze at his best!

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swayze was also in Donnie Darko
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone ever see "City Of Joy" with Swayze. It was a deep movie and I thought he did a good job in it.

"Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner"

"But I Was On A Break!"

[ 23. March 2006, 20:23: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
He 's had some smaller parts in newer films but that's not good enough!

Lets bring back Swayze to his bos office dominance of the 80s!

Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swayze totally crashed his airplane not very far from where I live. It's kinda funny.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Geez, I always thought you'd be bigger.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love his clothes in Roadhouse. I love those white buttoned up shirts. whoa! I love the jackets over the t-shirts- he was stylin it in Roadhouse. I definately liked him in Dirty Dancing.

I just saw a preview for a movie I have never seen ever, and he is in it, and I was wondering if it is good... it is : Uncommon Valor.?????

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was WAY cool in D.D.
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
He was a real movie star and I think it would be great if he kicked George Clooney's butt.....not that I dislike Clooney but he did bring down the Batman franchise.

lol, picture Swayze as Batman! [Big Grin]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I love his clothes in Roadhouse. I love those white buttoned up shirts. whoa! I love the jackets over the t-shirts- he was stylin it in Roadhouse. I definately liked him in Dirty Dancing.

I just saw a preview for a movie I have never seen ever, and he is in it, and I was wondering if it is good... it is : Uncommon Valor.?????

I can read between the lines, she liked the tassh and yawn move the best from Road House. I'm sure she thought the jeans were cool too.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...so true...I like the jeans in GHOST ...that beginning jean scene....if ya know what I mean...hahahaha
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Cmon people, let's show more love for Swayze! Let's give him his own national holiday!
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
He was a real movie star and I think it would be great if he kicked George Clooney's butt.....not that I dislike Clooney but he did bring down the Batman franchise.

lol, picture Swayze as Batman! [Big Grin]

To Clooney's defense, he apoligized for his contribution to Batman on Jay Leno one night [Smile]
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen 11.14. It was good but i don't remember patrick swayze in it.

Patrick swayze in point break & dirty dancing....nice bod.

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick played Rachel Leigh Cook's dad in 11:14...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

Check out my review on the main page...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The question is what happened to Patrick Swayze? The answer is "To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar". [Wink]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also Fatherhood wasn't the greatest either. I was even expecting his kid brother to upstage him after all the stinkers his big brother has done. Would love to see him pull a John Travolta a la Pulp Fiction, but it' been so long since he's been on top.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Valley is correct, that movie was the kiss of death.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Maybe it was no "Brokeback Mountain", but it had it's moments. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home