iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last Movie You Watched (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Alex--Check on Amazon.com for "That Was Then, This is Now." I've never seen it. I read the book, and it was great. I'd like to see the movie someday.

Ok, so I watched "The Fog" Saturday night. The remake. It was okay. The original was much, much better.

The horror remakes have tended to be fairly disappointing on the whole - The Omen wasn't much good either and I seem to remember The Hills Have Eyes actually being scary first time round.

That Was Then... This Is Now is alomst impossible to find. I am hoping that I will run into someone who has it on VHS and I can make a copy of it. I remember seeing it on TV about 12 years ago (for some reason the sequence where they are on the school bus talking sticks in my mind). I want it for completion's sake more than anything else.

Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - updates....

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - seen it before, but always worth a return visit.

Team America: World Police. Chortle.....

And just a while ago with the kiddies: Lady And The Tramp.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex In Wonderland:
quote:
Alex--Check on Amazon.com for "That Was Then, This is Now." I've never seen it. I read the book, and it was great. I'd like to see the movie someday.

Ok, so I watched "The Fog" Saturday night. The remake. It was okay. The original was much, much better.

The horror remakes have tended to be fairly disappointing on the whole - The Omen wasn't much good either and I seem to remember The Hills Have Eyes actually being scary first time round.

That Was Then... This Is Now is alomst impossible to find. I am hoping that I will run into someone who has it on VHS and I can make a copy of it. I remember seeing it on TV about 12 years ago (for some reason the sequence where they are on the school bus talking sticks in my mind). I want it for completion's sake more than anything else.

Alex... wanna try eBay?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S It's Paul...:
quote:
quote:

Alex... wanna try eBay?
Cheers Paul - all I need to do now is outbid the bugger...!
Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
Yay! I got it! and a steal at £3.49 including postage AND it was still in a sealed box! I have to say I don't remember Morgan Freeman being in it though.
StephenB
Rewind Curious
Member # 4935

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for StephenB   Email StephenB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watched "V for vendetta" tonight. Takes some getting into, and I can imagine the USA public not wanting to wait but if you are british it is well worth waiting for. A great hero, and a subtle yet devastating storyline. 7.5/10
Posts: 3 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Yay! I got it! and a steal at £3.49 including postage AND it was still in a sealed box! I have to say I don't remember Morgan Freeman being in it though.

Cool!
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inside Man and Brick. Inside Man was good. Brick was too long and drawn out- they should have shortened it by about 45 minutes and the dialogue is hard to follow; it was supposed to be like an old film noir. I think the copy that I rented sucked, cuz when the actors were speaking it sounded kinda mumbled, so I had to watch the whole movie with closed captioning.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw My Super ex-Girlfriend...and ummm I got bored [Eek!]  -

I also saw Monters House...that one was ok! I had a good time!

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BIGANDY
Rewind Curious
Member # 4958

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BIGANDY   Email BIGANDY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AUTHOR! AUTHOR! LAST NIGHT. ON DVD NO LESS.
Posts: 2 | From: NY | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Old School
Rewind Curious
Member # 4960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Old School   Email Old School   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched the Lost Boys last night on bravo network.
Posts: 4 | From: West Orange, NJ | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Clockwork Orange! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brick on DVD. I was suprised at how really good it was.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some Kind of Wonderful DVD, near the end right now.

A friend of mine loves these kind of movies and her opinion of me went sky high when she found out I had Pretty In Pink on DVD, there's a heap of John Hughes films she hasn't seen that I have on DVD so she's in for some real treats, the one I'm watching right now will be the first she sees [Smile]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Widows
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
Got Heathers last night, and I am still surprised at how good Christian Slater is in that film (and in Pump Up The Volume too). If only he'd kept going like that!
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
V for Vendetta. It was awesome!
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beverly Hill Cop, I am watching it right now!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

In the last week:

Garfield and Garfield 2. Kids choices - so don't flame me. Actually, the first one's not so bad - better than I thought it would be. Don't fet me started on number 2, however....

Miss Congeniality 2. Didn't really work for me. The Shatner's cool, however.

Hitchhilers Guide - again. This time with friends that hadn't seen it before - they liked it.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home