iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last Movie You Watched (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark
The Titfield Thunderbolt
The Man In The White Suit

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and a friend just watched Roadhouse.

I don't remember it being as bad as it was, I watched it twice at the movies. I have it on VHS...but every time I have seen it, it has been edited for tv...so I was like WHOA! when I watched it this time....it was bad...there was ALOT of nudity...and then some. I can't believe I don't remember that.

I think Patrick Swayze is probably one of the best dressed guys in any 80's movie in that movie.
I love all his clothes. And he looked pretty good without any too...it sure worked for me. [Big Grin]

I love the fight scene at the end, where he does alot of spinning and kicking, and jumping through the air, I like that suspenseful sounding music they play durning those scenes.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Superman Returns. 10/10 stars for me!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnum Force
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last movie i watch realy was not a movie it was a duckumentry called the rise and fall of w.c.c.w.
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cars!!! Loved it!!!!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so much a 'last movie', but more of a declaration of my 'next' movie, later tonight....

Good old eBay just delivered a dvd transfer copy of ELECTRIC DREAMS!!!!!!!!

I say again. Good old eBay.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I started watching Summer School...and got through the beginning that I hadn't seen yet....I love that movie!! I love everyone's clothes. Kristie Alley's clothes were awesome, I like her denim skirt and shirt she has on at the beginning.

Before Summer School...I watched Sudden Impact.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bewitched and Underclassman--both were good. I was surprised that Bewitched was good, and I'd never heard of Underclassman, but it was a Starz Saturday premiere.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nacho Libre - pretty funny! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80's Junkie
Rewind Curious
Member # 4882

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80's Junkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last movie I watched was "2 Weeks Notice"
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Gregory's Girl
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Magnum Force

One of my favourites, Dirty Harry and Magnum Force are definitely in my all time top 10. [Smile]

The last movie I watched was "No Mans Land" with Charlie Sheen. I re-watched the opening credits a few times after the flick had ended too. It has a great sequence opening with the "Orion" logo(something about their titles that always brings the 80s back to me) and then panning into a night time skyline with some very 80s synth pop. Great stuff.

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This horror movie called Venom, about snakes and voodoo and Louisiana. Good movie. And then I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PackardWalsh
Rewind Curious
Member # 4875

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for PackardWalsh   Email PackardWalsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got done watching The Hitcher, with Rutger Hauer and the excellent C. Thomas Howell.

Wasn't as good as I thought it would be, and not much overt *80s* action (outfits, music etc.) although as a good suspense/mild horror/action piece, it worked well, and was very nicely filmed too.

A shame that the lovely Jennifer Jason Leigh had to end up like that, and, hehe, not much of her sexy body on display this time either sadly.

Posts: 6 | From: Cambridge, England | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just went to see Cars. Loved it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eurotrash
Rewind Curious
Member # 4772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eurotrash   Email eurotrash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Run Lola Run, in my favourite repatory cinema which is closing in a few days. [Frown]
Posts: 6 | From: Montréal, Québec, Canada | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver Streak on TV (Saw it for the first time. Words cannot describe how much sense it made to make Gene Wilder black.). We rented The Matador and Bewitched (the remake), which were both pretty good (I've seen Bewitched before; but I thought it was cute).
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently watching Clue. I am going to be cleaning house today and I always like to put on a good 80s flick and listen to it as I work around the house. It is so funny because I have seen so many so many times that I can just picture exactly what is going on scene per scene as I listen to the movie.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
I am currently watching Clue. I am going to be cleaning house today and I always like to put on a good 80s flick and listen to it as I work around the house. It is so funny because I have seen so many so many times that I can just picture exactly what is going on scene per scene as I listen to the movie.

I love Clue, I always watch it around Christmas time (no idea why) late at night with the gf. Great atmospheric movie.
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Saw Flight Plan with Jodie Foster and Rollbounce with Bow Wow, Mike Epps and Chi McBride. Rollbounce was AWESOME. It was a lot better than what I thought it would be.
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tron

The 20th anniversary 2 disc dvd set is loaded with features and was well worth the $7.00.

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JCU:
Tron

The 20th anniversary 2 disc dvd set is loaded with features and was well worth the $7.00.

OMG, I have been *dying* to get that! My mom just said she'll get it for me for Christmas.
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We watched The Outsiders fairly recently - I think that was the last film I sat and watched start to finish. The best thing was it was every bit as good as I remember.

I am desperately trying to get hold of a copy of Rumblefish at the moment. I am pretty sure they also did a film of The Was Then This Is Now which was the follow up book to The Outsiders, but it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Alex--Check on Amazon.com for "That Was Then, This is Now." I've never seen it. I read the book, and it was great. I'd like to see the movie someday.

Ok, so I watched "The Fog" Saturday night. The remake. It was okay. The original was much, much better.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home