iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Breakfast Club (anniversary-?)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Breakfast Club (anniversary-?)
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched some of it last night on AMC, and I never remembered the date, but at the beginning they say it takes place on Mar. 24, 2004.

Soon, that will have been 22 years ago. [Eek!]

Don't you wonder where you were on that date??

I know exactly where I was. I was in the 10th grade, and I had caught meningitis from running outside in the freezing rain for track practice, and I missed the last 4 months of school , and had to get a tutor.

I saw the "quote" at the beginning of The Breakfast Club, by David Bowie, and wondered if anyone has seen it so many times that they know it word for word??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that would be ME! lol, i can recite the movie with the volume off lol..... [Cool] [Big Grin]
it was what me and my best friend called our "tradition" every weekend when we were growing up we would watch it and laugh hysterically...still til this day we recite the words and laugh every time we get the chance lol

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great movie - funny, but with some definite serious messages that definitely still have some relevance today (heck, if you took out the references to popular culture, etc. I think the entire script could work in a modern movie). I came to like Bender more as the movie progressed, as well.

BTW, I know it was mentioned somewhere how, there was a deleted scene that showed the janitor talking to Richard, where they envisioned the "Breakfast Club" twenty years later. That would be right now! Well, acutally, 2005 (so we've passed it by a year, LOL).

^ Is that what this is referring to, or did the cast get together some time back?

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A classic, needs a better DVD release.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:
A classic, needs a better DVD release.

Agree!!!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marty McFly:
That was a great movie - funny, but with some definite serious messages that definitely still have some relevance today (heck, if you took out the references to popular culture, etc. I think the entire script could work in a modern movie). I came to like Bender more as the movie progressed, as well.

BTW, I know it was mentioned somewhere how, there was a deleted scene that showed the janitor talking to Richard, where they envisioned the "Breakfast Club" twenty years later. That would be right now! Well, acutally, 2005 (so we've passed it by a year, LOL).

^ Is that what this is referring to, or did the cast get together some time back?

I have seen the deleted scene at TNT I belive. It also has the scene where Princpal is buying gum out of the machine and they must sneak by him. I never saw that scene until about a year ago.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home