iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » An 80s Movie Title: Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An 80s Movie Title: Help
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot figure out the name of this movie for the life of me. I've done searches of everything I could think of on imdb. It's basically about 2 guys who are twin brothers. Murders start happening, and you can't tell which one of them if not both of them are involved. Any help appreciated. I was wanting to rent it or buy it, but don't even know if it ever made it to VHS or DVD. I remember going to see it around the time Can't Buy Me Love was in theaters which was around August of 1987 I think....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you mean "Jack's Back"? (Although it came out in 1988..) Do you remember James Spader being in it?

Or it could be "Dead Ringers"

Twin killers seems to have been a popular theme in late-80s cinema.

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope neither one of those are it. I just looked them up on imdb. I'm positive it was 1987 because we snuck in and saw it a week after we saw Can't Buy Me Love. Thanks though...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't A BETTER TOMORROW 2, maybe?

Chow Yun Fat played identical twins, one of which was killed, and the other helped the police.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Nah that's not it either. I remember the twins were Americans. Thanks though. Dang this is driving me crazy not being able to figure the title out. LOL...
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were they 10 year old kids? : THE OTHER?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I think you may be right mama. It seems like they were kids and it showed them growing up and then in the end when they were teens you finally found out which one was the killer. I did a search for the title on imdb and had no luck, but I think your right. Thanks...
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go back to IMDB and look up the actress Uta Hagen. It will list her movies. THE OTHER was one of them. Its about twin boys, Niles and Holland. One is evil and the other is good. real spooky flick.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home