iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What could '80s movie characters be up to today?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What could '80s movie characters be up to today?
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked speculatory "what if" stuff like this. Sometimes you grow attached to characters in movies and wonder about this sort of thing (well, at least I do!). [Wink]

Of course they're fictional, so there's no definitive answers, but just from everyone's own opinion, where would you see some of them now in 2006 - just what their daily life, occupation or personalities may be?

For instance:

Mahoney, from Police Academy:
He could now be an instructor at the academy, perhaps serving more as a desk duty and training the new recruits than a patrolman these days. I'd also like to think he settled down with Sharon Stone's character from PA 4. She just seemed perfect for him, they were cute together IMO.

Ferris Bueller:
With all his technological and people skills, he could've been anything. I'd like to think his day off changed him for the better (Cameron and Jeanie were probably more different after the film, though). Maybe today he'd be working as, say a computer video game designer (that just seems to fit him perfectly) who's still cool with a bit of a wild streak, though a settled down 36-ish year old man.

I'll come up with more later.

[ 13. March 2006, 03:00: Message edited by: Marty McFly ]

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol:)
Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Ferris as more of a professional layabout - he's very rich, but only because at present seventeen companies are currently paying him. Of course, there are valid reasons why he doesn't turn up for work at any of them.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Ferris "cutting" work? LOL, I can picture that, actually.
Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Techincally he would now be eligible to run for president now (assuming that the film's release year of 1986 was when he was actually 17), which he'd probably win by a landslide, legally or not. Which would mean both Cameron and Sloane would like be set for life with cushy Executive Branch postions.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders what Bender is up to these days* lol;)~
Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
Techincally he would now be eligible to run for president now (assuming that the film's release year of 1986 was when he was actually 17), which he'd probably win by a landslide, legally or not. Which would mean both Cameron and Sloane would like be set for life with cushy Executive Branch postions.

Well Cameron already works for the Deputy Mayor of New York... [Razz]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Cameron could easily change cities with the prospect of a lighter workload (after all, working in Washington does mean being paid tons for doing practically nothing).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary Sharon would be running a charity, Basil Of Baker Street would be the head of a family (if he were alive today), & Omar & his friends would be making all kinds of albums... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Last American Virgin"-24 years later

Rick has beating up Karen, physically, emotionally, mentally and sexually. Karen wants out but she keeps returning to Rick because she feels that he's still a good guy...He just has some issues.

One day, a powerful punch knocks out half of Karen's teeth. She runs away from the house and goes to her mother's. Gary's phone number is still on the refrigerator after all these years.

She dials him up and this is the conversation they have.

Karen: Oh, God. Pick up, please.

(Click)

Gary: Hello.

Karen: Hi, Gary.

Gary: Karen? What's up? We haven't chatted in almost a quarter of a century. So, what's new?

Karen: Gary, I want to see you. It's important.

Gary: Why? Do you want me to buy you flowers just so you can go back to Rick after something horrible he's done to you?

Karen: How did you guess it was about Rick?

Gary: Honey, you had your chance, but I can't help you. You did so much to ruin my life that I've decided to take an old saying to heart.

Karen: What's that?

Gary: "Living well is the best revenge". I've got a lovely charity organizer for a wife and I have two kids. My oldest daughter is 21 years old and goes to an Ivy League college. She's graduating this year and because of her, I'm going to be a grandfather. Finally, I've become a successful author of self-help books. I'm several million dollars richer because of it. So, in other words: "If you want me to help you, read one of my books".

Karen: What? You son-of-a-(bleep)!

Gary: Now you feel how I felt 24 years ago. See you later, alligator!

(Click)

Karen: (Pause) DAMMIT!

--------

I'm waiting for Golan-Globus to give me a call any day.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home