iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Best use of music in an 80s movie scene? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best use of music in an 80s movie scene?
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the scene in "Crossing Delancey" where Isabelle (Amy Irving) is getting a hot dog, and as she's in the deli we see a few B-Boys playing Run-DMC's "It's Like That" on their boombox. All of a sudden, an old woman comes in and sings the classic song "Some Enchanted Evening" from "South Pacific". The Run-DMC track is turned down, and as they watch her sing, the woman comes up to Isabelle and finishes the song as sort of a message that she should probably choose Sam (Peter Riegert).

It's interesting to see how one classic can segue into another.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(It Takes) Two To Tango by Paul Davis (Karate Kid: Beach scene where Daniel and Ali are looking at one another.)

Feel the Night by Baxter Robinson (Karate Kid: Golf N Stuff Scene with Daniel and Ali.)

Playing with the Boys by Kenny Loggins (Top Gun: Volleyball scene.)

Cruel Summer by Bananarama (Karate Kid: Daniel riding his bike to school.)

Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Louden, I agree that the warm up scene before you take on Shute is classic stuff. I also love the use of the Berlin song "No More Words" when you rush home and them realize Carla is gone. I still love to take off running when the Journey song "Only The Young" pops up on my I-Pod.

The Sparks "Eaten By The Monster Of Love" when Skip makes his move in Valley Girl. Speaking of making your move, how about Phil Collin's "In The Air Tonight" when Joel finds out the benefits of letting Lana be his girlfriend. [Eek!] [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ain't Nobody" from Breakin'

"If You Were Here" from Sixteen Candles

"Almost Paradise" from Footloose

"Cry Little Sister" from The Lost Boys

"Everybody Wants Some" from Better Off Dead

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are all great songs... I love all the music in The Lost Boys...on every scene. I love Corey Haim singing in the bathtub...that is hysterical.

I love the music in the dance scene in Fire with Fire, those are all songs you wanna slow dance with someone too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alone In The Dark, the song by The Sic f*cks. chop up your mother or something along those lines. I'm sure Riptide or Mamamia can correct me if I'm wrong. [Big Grin]
Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw part of Revenge of the Nerds last night while I flipped thru the channels. I think every song was written for each different scene, they were are great. I liked One Foot in Front of the Other for when they're sprucing up the house, then Are You Ready For the Sex Girls when the Omega Mus walk in to the party. I just about fell off the couch laughing when he put on Swing Low Sweet Chariot before LaMar changed it to some dance music.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
"Ain't Nobody" from Breakin'

"If You Were Here" from Sixteen Candles

"Almost Paradise" from Footloose

"Cry Little Sister" from The Lost Boys

"Everybody Wants Some" from Better Off Dead

Almost Paradise from Footloose. I like this song a Lot!

Footloose from Footloose by Kenny Loggins

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miyagi-Turbo:

Playing with the Boys by Kenny Loggins (Top Gun: Volleyball scene.)

This scene more than any other scene in movie history helped pave the way for Brokeback Mountain
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with eightieschick on the whole Revenge of the Nerds songs/movie scenes deal. It's like each song flowed perfectly with each scene...

Wonderjoint anyone?

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killer Topic!

My Fav Are:

"Like To Get To know You Well" (Howard Jones)
Better Off Dead(fixing on LANE's camero in garage)

"Time To Win" (Gary Myrick & The Figures)
Valley Girl(RANDY & JULIE kissing in park car after they leave the club)

"Whistle Down The Wind"(Nik Heyward)
Sixteen Candles(The Dance Scene in the gym..Jake Ryan & his girlfriend Carolyn dancing)

"Living In The '80s"(?)
Weird Science(the party at WYATT's house,they show a full shot of everybody dancing at the party)

"Better Luck Next Time"(OINGO BOINGO)
The Last American Virgin(The party at Big Apple's House..Gary Walking by the pool into the house)

"These's Are The Best Times"(Of Our Lives) (Some lady singing?)
Killer Party(Played thru-out the whole movie)

more comming soon!!!

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinker101
Rewind Curious
Member # 4622

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tinker101   Email Tinker101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing when Bender fell through the ceiling in The Breakfast Club?
Posts: 3 | From: Ca | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the song Adult Education at the end credits from Better of Dead.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home