iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Help with naming 80's romantic comedy... about death.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with naming 80's romantic comedy... about death.
marty_mcfly_2006
Rewind Curious
Member # 4589

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for marty_mcfly_2006   Email marty_mcfly_2006   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, i really need some help:

The movie starts with a guy who is on his way home to surprise his wife at their home but before he gets there he gets run over by a car right outside the house. He goes to heaven where they tell him it was a mistake and that it wasn't really his time so they will send him back but unfortunately it will have to be in a different body.
So this guy wakes up but he's only about 18 yrs old now and spends the rest of the movie finding a way back into his old life and home while trying to get his girlfriend/wife to fall in love with him all over again.

I really hope somebody out there knows the name of this movie and that it isn't just in my head, which seems to be the popular opinion of anyone else ive asked so far! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHANCES ARE???
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marty_mcfly_2006
Rewind Curious
Member # 4589

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for marty_mcfly_2006   Email marty_mcfly_2006   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!! You absolute legend! Seriously man, thanks alot for the help, its much appreciated [Big Grin]
Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The funny thing is: I've never seen CHANCES ARE! I just remember they used to play it on TV a lot so I always caught commercials for it.
It stars Robert Downey Junior and Cybil Shepard.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the one where Robert Downey, Jr. plays a wannabe news journalist?
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Cybil, Ryan O'Neal and Mary Stuart Masterson are also in it. I like that movie a lot and I always stop to watch it if it's on TV. One of Downey Jr's best performances IMO.
Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
CHANCES ARE???

Good call, and you should see it. It is a very good flick.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that film. One of my favourites.
If you like that film you would also like "Made in Heaven".

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home