iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Class

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Class
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it last night. And I hadn't seen it in awhile. Jessie told me that Virginia Madsen is the girl that gets her shirt ripped off in the one scene. I was shocked that it really was her, and her name was "Lisa" in that movie, and her name was Lisa in Fire with Fire too, hey..what can I say about that, except what a cool name! [Wink]

I had forgotten how cool Class was, in that scene where she gets her shirt ripped off, and everyone starts falling all over the place, and the one guy hits the tray of food, and it flies up and hits the one lady, and Rob Lowe just sits there sipping on his tea, all dignified like, it was hilarious.

I love movies that have a prep school in them, that was the thing in the 80's. I just love the scene in Class when all the guys get out of the van and start walking across the grass, Rob Lowe looks so good in that scene. He just looks like he knows he's cool.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
‘Class’ was good for a laugh, but not one that I’d consider an 80s classic, yes, Virginna Madsen and her assets making their first appearance in what would be a long and illustrious career of *** flashing tomfoolery.

Isis, wasn’t this movie a bit raunchy for your taste, what with all the nudity, weed smoking and misbehaviour? [Wink]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I can recall telling you that it was Virginia Madsen in that scene too! I love Class, it's one of my all time favorites. I was actually in the car listening to the song "Hiding From Love" by Bryan Adams, which is in the movie, last night! The prep school thing rules. Making the Grade has a similiar feel! Plus, Rob Lowe is downright hot in this one!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Class started off really strong but continually faded as the movie went along until it got to the point that I was glad when it finally ended. I did like a very young John Cusack in the movie though.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kash...I can handle all that stuff in movies, if they do it the right way...I could have stood not to see Andrew McCarthy and Jacqueline Bisset in the love scenes so much, cause that was down right embarrassing- not for me, but for Andrew.
[Eek!]

Cindy-you probably did tell me too, and I forgot.

She's the one who Andrew threw up on in the car the night before.

I just think the way they wrote it and filmed it, it was so cool, cause you really followed their friendship, and it seemed to last awhile...alot of my problem with today's movies are the story doesn't flow right, they don't take time to connect everything, they just throw pieces of stuff together, and what I liked about movies like this is when time is going by in the movie, they show the different seasons, and they change clothes a billion times, so it feels like it is more real. If that makes sense.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Kash...I can handle all that stuff in movies, if they do it the right way...I could have stood not to see Andrew McCarthy and Jacqueline Bisset in the love scenes so much, cause that was down right embarrassing- not for me, but for Andrew.

Best part of the movie for me(and thousands of other males the World over) give me a few afternoons with JB and I'd be a very happy young man indeed. Hell I'd even settle on a pair of her panties from the movie. [Big Grin]
Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie..........it's one of those I didn't discover til a few years ago.The part where she's buying him clothes and finds his wallet is the part that always sticks out in my head.Also when they meet up again at Rob's family house. Isis I love the prep school movies too. This one almost could have been a "Lifetime" movie lol don't ya think???.........maybe it's Bisset or the whole affair thing.....but easily TV for women... [Wink] .
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wicked film. One of my all time fav films. I'm
a big Rob Lowe fan so anything with him in is a pleasure to watch.

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah Muffy...it could have been an afterschool special...if they took all the sex scenes out.

Oh wait...they do have a show on now...I think it's called..."Date my Mom".... [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home