iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Liquid Sky

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liquid Sky
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I managed to see this at the cinema the other night and thought it was amazing! care to share your views on it?

The avant-garde electro pop soundtrack was superb, can't find it on vinyl or CD at the moment though, any suggestions as to were I may be able to purchase it would be great.

Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lucked out a few years ago and found the soundtrack on vinyl. It's a very weird movie, perhaps one of the most bizarre of the 80's, would love to see it on DVD, but I have learned don't get your hopes up.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie had a great name, but it might be one of the most bizarre movies I have ever seen. Might be how David Lynch got some of his ideas...ya think?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley I think Lynch was more influence by the likes of Bunuel, Wilder and he certainly had a penchant for Film Noir and surrealism. He was already doing sublime short films a good ten years before Liquid Sky hit the theatres.

I thought it was a hedonistic joyride filled with enough pysch scenes to keep old bearded hippies amused for a week. The music was superb though, I realy admired the scene were the girl utilizes the beat of her heart to introduce a superb piece of Electro madness. Oh and if anyone sees the soundtrack cheap, as Morrissey would say 'please keep me in mind'

Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home