iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » my bloody valentine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my bloody valentine
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so I just watched this movie for the first time today. I have to say surprisingly I really enjoyed it. The start of the film was a little boring but it got pretty good once people started getting killed. And I was very surprised at the ending. All in all I really enjoyed the film. But I am very disappointed to hear they are now making a part 2. When will hollywood learn to leave a good thing alone?
Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an above average late night slasher flick and the name of a great UK band.
Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The band is ALOT better than the flick, but nonetheless the movie is still worth a watch...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie, and I looked for it on DVD yesterday in Best Buy, but they didn't carry it any more...that was such a bummer. They said I could find it on their website. They didn't have Friday the 13th part 2 either...is it on DVD?? Cause I only have both of these movies on VHS, and it bugs me that they have a billions copies of some stupid movie, but really good ones that are on DVD are nowhere to be found. I think I am going to watch my VHS copy of My Bloody Valentine tonight.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey lisa i hear ya about best buy never having the good ones in stock but i know they are both avalible on dvd we have a hastings here and if a movie is avalible on dvd but not in the store they will special order it for you and call youwhen it comes in they even put your name on it so no one can snatch it up its a great thing i totally love my hastings [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS, you should just avoid Best Buy. They really suck now, they don't have a good selection like they did when they first opened here a few years ago. I order from Amazon now and use the Super Saver Shipping. It usually takes 5 days to get my orders. I won't waste my time going to Best Buy unless there is something specific that I need. Most of their workers there are jerks too. Whatever happened to politeness with customers? I used to sell shoes, and if I would have acted the way some of these kids do, the customers would have ripped my head off and served it up on a platter to the store manager. They were very nasty. I try to always be nice to the workers because I know most of them are just there for a "job", not a career. Anyhoo, sometimes Walmart has some good movies in their bargain bins. But lately, I guess since Christmas is over and they haven't re-stocked much, there has not been a good selection. It may just be me, though, cuz I only trek out there once every two months. If I were you, I'd just go with Amazon, and their prices on DVD's are reasonable.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eightieschick...that is absolutely true....about the people being rude...every single stinkin time we go to Best Buy..when you check out to pay them for whatever your getting...they say do you have a Best Buy card??? And I say no...cause then they say we will sign you up and you'll get 6 free issues of Sports Illustrated. They do it every time, I don't want Sports Illustrated....my husband was dumb enough to get that once, and they have your account number of whatever you pay with...we usually use our debit card...and then they bill ya $60 for Sports Illustrated...when I never wanted it to begin with. So, now they still ask us every time ...and when you say NO thank you...they get all mad, and give you a dirty look and throw your stuff at you...like get the heck out of here then..I hate that. I really have never even given them that much buisness. I have bought a few tv series on dvd there and some games for my son. But...almost all the movies I buy are off Ebay.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Buy's prices have went out the roof the past year or so. I remember they were pretty competitive with Wal-Mart for awhile price wise on DVD's. But they have gotten outrageous. Miami Vice Season 1 was $43.00 at Best Buy here and $35 at the local Wal-Mart...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is quite a difference in price. If I go somewhere and it's only a buck or two difference, I would just buy it where I'm at. But $8 is a little bit much. I bought three DVD's a few weeks ago through Amazon, and paid $4 more than the price of only one DVD at Best Buy! I did the super saver shipping and got them in 5 days. I have never bought a DVD on ebay, I'm just afraid of getting defective material and not being able to return it.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home