iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Nightmare on Elm Street on AMC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nightmare on Elm Street on AMC
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is coming on at 10PM....my son says...will it scare me??? Cause I know it will semi be edited...I said you might be old enough to watch it...I said you are almost 13...and he said...yeah but I only feel like I am 6. I said...you better stay away from it then. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

One, Two...Freddy's coming for you

Three, Four...better lock your door....

Five, Six...grab your crusifix.....

Seven, Eight...gonna stay up late.....

Nine, Ten....Never sleep again.....

[ 03. February 2006, 18:38: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A true classic in the horror genre. While I am not completely positive with how much is edited, it is still a nice change to watch on AMC instead of some of the nonsense they play on Fear Friday. They should have stopped after The Dream Master since all seemed to go downhill shortly thereafter.
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I clearly remember this movie scarying the cripes out of people when it first came out in 1984. This movie was the chat at my high school when it was originally released. I liked the premise of the movie and Isis is right about the song giving me the creeps. Unfortunately, after about 7 sequels, poor Freddy Kreuger has really lost his luster. I think teens today would just laugh at this movie.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We watched some of it...it was so heavily edited. The scene at the beginning where Tina is on the bed, and you see him cutting her, and she goes up in the air and hits the ceiling, and it knocks her around the room, she slides down the wall...then all that blood splashes down on the bed, and she falls in to it...I remember thinking wow on the effects of that movie...that to me was so real looking...and you wondered how they did that. They did edit that whole scene out. But, still it was freaking my son out and he said change it to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I remember when it came out at the movies too, I was a junior in high school...and my boyfriend's brother asked me to go see it with him...he said let's leave everyone else at home, and just me and you go...I didn't do it though. But, I remember it being majorly hyped up. I had to see it on HBO for the first time.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home