iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Outsiders

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Outsiders
the_haimster
Rewinder
Member # 4485

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for the_haimster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen this movie and wondered if it would still appeal to a teen audience of today?

I am a big fan of Stand by me, The Goonies etc, however i wondered if anyone could tell me if it is in the same mould as them films and would it appeal to a guy more than a girl or vice versa, thanks!

Posts: 45 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a guy, and it's one of my fave 80s movies. I had the bare bones DVD but after hearing so much about the DVD they released called "The Complete Novel" I bought it as well. I would recommend going ahead and buying the newer version. It answers alot of questions the original version left unanswered. I'm not sure if the new version is available in the UK though. One of our UK friends on here will have to tell you that. The movie is basically set in the 50s. Lotta drama between cliques of people. Quite a few folks in this movie became famous because of this movie. A great flick I would recommend to anyone...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I'm a girl and i love the film.
Its nothing like stand by me or the gonnies.
Its quite a sad movie really about gangs.
In the uk you can but it on ebay.

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_haimster
Rewinder
Member # 4485

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for the_haimster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys.........
Posts: 45 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately watch it, I think it has probably the best CAST in any movie ever made. It would be very hard not to like it, so you have nothing to loose really.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly suggest picking up the new Complete Novel DVD. As Tom Cruise would reference in a later movie "It is definitely worth the extra coin for the kwan you will receive."

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched my copy a few days ago (I have been home sick most of the week). I am glad I bought the new version- I can't believe that they had originally left out at least 10 minutes from the beginning. The new version (The Complete Novel) follows the book more closely. I wish that C. Thomas Howell could have achieved the fame that the others did. He was so good in this movie, and the same goes for Ralph Macchio. What is he up to these days?
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home