iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » movie recommendations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: movie recommendations
sedgins
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2731

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sedgins   Author's Homepage   Email sedgins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everybody it has been quite a while since my last post. however i love this site and check it quite often. i have a good bit of the movies recommended and reviewed on this site. i have just recently discovered friday the 13th and movies of that nature. can anyone give me any recommendations for movies of this nature. also critters and munchies, are those any good? any 80's movie not reviewed on this site that that might be worth checking out please suggest.
Posts: 26 | From: South Carolina | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Critters movies. They were just cheesy enough for my taste. I think Leonardo DeCaprio is in one of them. There's the Nightmare On Elm Street movies and the Halloween movies and the Alien movies and the Prom NIght movies and the Children of the Corn movies...
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I always say: Evil dead trilogy. If a horror doesn't have humor it doesn't have anything.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April Fool's Day
Happy Birthday to Me
My Bloody Valentine
Prom Night
Halloween 1,2
The Fog
Cujo
Carrie
Christine
Children of the Corn

I need to watch April Fool's Day soon. I always watch it on actual April Fool's Day, but I might not be able to wait that long.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sedgins
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2731

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sedgins   Author's Homepage   Email sedgins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you guys so much for the suggestions i will definitely check some of these out. i just recieved bmx bandits in the mail today so i'm fixing to watch that. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26 | From: South Carolina | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awww, man...I forgot about the Evil Dead triliogy! Those movies rocked! Especially the last one.
Bruce Campbell is soooo cool in those. I also liked him in Bubba Ho-Tep and in the sci-fi/western series "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr."

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i saw christine in high school i totally tried to be like the nerdy-turned-cool guy. i love that movie.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some 80s movies on my netflix queue:

Labyrinth (this movie's amazing!)
Opera (dario argento -- p.s., don't forget "demons"! very important.)
eddie murphy, delirious and raw
sixteen candles
valley girl (as per isis' recommendation)
lifeforce

and don't forget
they live and
the hidden

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few to tickle your blood thirsty taste buds:-

Motel Hell
Pyscho 2
Evilspeak
The Gate
He Knows Your Alone
Visiting Hours
Sleepaway Camp

Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never cared for Bubba Hotep--Man With the Screaming Brain was good, though.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
oops, i didn't see where these are all supposed to be slasher-type movies. oh well, lifeforce, they live and the hidden still stand as recommendations. sixteen candles, not so much!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home