iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Your first R-rated movie? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your first R-rated movie?
Hezibaby
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 222

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hezibaby   Email Hezibaby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first R movie was THE TERMINATOR. i loved it!! still a favorite!
Posts: 29 | From: Bradenton, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
She-Ra
Rewind Curious
Member # 1359

- posted      Profile for She-Ra   Email She-Ra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it was american werewolf in london
im more scared of it now tho than back then [Eek!]

Posts: 6 | From: england | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"An American Werewolf In London" was rated R? I never saw that film, but I didn't know it got an R-rating.

Well, since I'm old enough, it doesn't much matter to me. [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gizmo-- i have a twin sister as well. I think NOES 3 was the only one we owned. I wouldn't be suprised if that was my first R movie. Just thought that was strange. It was either that or Aliens. My older sister wanted to be Newt. She got the movie one Christmas... supposedly it was from Santa.
Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TuffTurf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1737

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TuffTurf   Email TuffTurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents were never strict about what we watched as kids, I pretty much saw everything. The first R rated that really had a effect on me was "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". This movie taught me what sex was. My parents taped it off showtime and it quickly became my brother and mine's favorite movie.

I'm not sure if i saw them before Fast times but also Conan (I dressed up as him for halloween), American Werewolf, and Amityville Horror I saw very young as well. Also a little horror movie called "curtains". Not sure if any of you have seen it.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Wizard:

The first film that I can remember that had a rating older than I was, was Poltergeist (1982), 15 rated film but I'd never seen a horror film like that before ever and I was about 10 I think. Scared the crap outta me, literally couldn't sleep properly for weeks.

Hey Wizard,

This is the same as me.
I had a birthday sleepover when I was about 10/11 and me and all my mates watched this before going outside in the garden to sleep in tents.
About 4 of the girls woke up having nightmares, one girl was totally in floods of tears and wanted to go home, one ended up top and tailing with my sister in the house because she was too scared to sleep outside.

Ruined my birthday:(

shaz x

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retrohpink
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrohpink   Author's Homepage   Email retrohpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if halloween is R but I saw it when I was like 6 or 7.
Posts: 65 | From: lisbon, portugal | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well kiddies Im going to really REALLY date myself now.
While Im not certian whether it was R rated or not, going by todays standards it would be. The first R rated movie I seen was when I was 5 or 6. It was at the Drive In and it was the 1968 classic "Night Of The Living Dead" I wasnt supposed to be watching it, I was supposed to be asleep in the back seat of the car while my folks were watching it. The scene that Ill never forget was when they were taking the truck to get gas and it exploded and the zombies were eating the people. I still think that is the most horrifying piece of cinematography ever.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first i can remember is when I saw Braveheart in a drive-in, musta benn about 7 or 8. But who knows for sure, we had cable and I have very open minded parents.

Tooltes! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember which one was first- I think Silent Scream and The Legacy and He Knows Your Alone, I was in 7th grade when HBO came out, and we used to set the alarm clock and sneek downstairs to watch Rated R movies..I remember seeing Looking For Mr. GoodBar, 10 to Midnight and Silent Rage. One movie that I haven't haerd mentioned yet on here, but we watched in high school, was Monty Python's The Meaning of Life- that was a whacked out movie. I have never seen Night of the Living Dead, it was filmed the year I was born, in my home state- and I saw pictures in a horror magazine that my Uncle had-and that alone scared me so bad, that there was no way I could watch the movie. My Uncle was into horror movies, and had this creepy mask and he would come to our house-and wore this railroad conductor's jumpsuit, and would knock on the door, and scare the heck out of me and my friends. But it was all fun!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
The first i can remember is when I saw Braveheart in a drive-in, musta benn about 7 or 8. But who knows for sure, we had cable and I have very open minded parents.

Tooltes! [Wink]

Yeah thanks RP4L for making me feel just a little older by naming a movie that was just released a mere 8 years ago.  -
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, is that Silent Rage with Chuck Norris that you are talking about???

As for my first R rated movie.

Trading Places and Conan the Barbarian in the same night.

Poltergeist isn't that far off.

We are DEVO and Chuck rules.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo- Silent Rage with Chuck Norris, yep-that was a scary movie, that murderer was like one of the creepiest killers from a movie- he looked the part.

Wasn't Poltergiest PG or Pg-13? I swear I saw somewhere that Jobeth Williams said they used "real" skeletons in the pool scene she's in-where she slides back down the mud- would that be even legal? It didn't sound like it could be possible. I can never watch the part where the steak slides across the counter, or where the guy pulls the hunks of skin off his face, yucky!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly cannot remember that far back to remember my first "R" movie [Big Grin] [Razz] hehehe
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In the UK we have an easy set of ratings for films, U (Universal, for all), PG (Parental Guidance), 12, 15, 18.
But Wizard, before 1982, the certificates were U, A, AA, X (showing my age here). I grew up in Ireland and we pretty much followed the UK's categorisation. So I guess the equivalent would have been an 'X' - no under 18s.

So to get to the point it was either 'Mad Max' or 'Alien' (but the projectionist mislaid the 3rd or 4th reel so I never got to see the chest-burster sequence until about 1987 - True Story). And their effects well I'm still watching movies...

Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luker2323
Rewind Curious
Member # 1939

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for luker2323   Author's Homepage   Email luker2323   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first.....carnal knowledge. i had troubled walking for days.......
Posts: 3 | From: nj | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luker2323 said:
quote:
my first....."Carnal Knowledge". I had troubled walking for days.......
Oh, yes..."Carnal Knowledge" (1971), with Jack Nicholson, Art Garfunkel, Ann-Margaret, and a then-unknown Candice Bergen. Perhaps you probably needed the...um, "therapy" what Rita Moreno gave to Jack Nicholson at the end of that movie? [Smile]

In all seriousness, that movie was kinda disturbing to watch, especially for guys!

Yet, it seems that guys haven't changed much since that movie came out. There have, there is, and there will always be male "pigs" such as the Jonathan character (played by Nicholson).

I highly recommended it, but only if you have the stomach for it. But it's definitely NOT a "feel good" movie!

[ 16. December 2003, 09:49: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't quite recall. Funny story though, I convinced my grandparents to take me to see Risky business in the theatre when it was first released. I had never seen them squirm so much!!!! This was hot on the trails of a discussion of old movies from the '40's and there is Tom Cruise in his Hanes doing the 'old time rock-n-roll'....I don't know if they ever told my parents or not but it sure was funny to watch them....somewhat more than the movie!!! [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobby Keller
Rewinder
Member # 2129

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bobby Keller   Author's Homepage   Email Bobby Keller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was A nightmare on Elm Street 2, made me laugh as much as anything though.
Posts: 43 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey McFly, mine was Purple Rain, too, at least, the first I paid on my own to see. I was 14 and armed with Aqua Net and eye liner and no one even questioned how old me and my friend, Jennifer, were.

Was Jaws rated R? My mom took me with her on a date to the drive in, and I fell asleep in the back seat, and when I woke up, she was kissing the guy in the front seat and on the movie screen were bloody bits and pieces of the shark sinking in the water. I went back to sleep. I think I was about five.

Once, my parents threw all four of us kids in the Ranchero and we all went to the drive in (I'm starting to see a pattern here!) to see Nice Dreams. I remember that even though I got the humour, I wasn't that interested in it at the time, you know, not being a crack whore and all! LOL

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Missie asked:
quote:
Was "Jaws" rated R? My mom took me with her on a date to the drive in, and I fell asleep in the back seat, and when I woke up, she was kissing the guy in the front seat and on the movie screen were bloody bits and pieces of the shark sinking in the water. I went back to sleep. I think I was about five.
"Jaws" was rated PG. You probably would've been more scared if you saw it inside a theater! [Wink]

I do love drive-ins, but some films simply aren't meant to be enjoyed there.

goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first r-rated movie was the craft. it still freaks me out. lol.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
someone I knew was an extra in FAME so I went to see that with my mother. Im pretty sure that was the first R rated movie I saw.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...........when I got older...Junior High I had a best friend whose Aunt only spoke Spanish. We would get her to take us to "dirty" movies and she would fall asleep (mostly because she couldnt understand what the people were saying!). The two I most clearly remember going to see with "Auntie" chaperoning were "A Night In Heaven"(Christopher Atkins as a male stripper) and REVENGE OF THE NERDS. oh wait...think we saw BACHELOR PARTY with her too!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home