iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Legend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legend
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
21 years later, what do you think about this film? I’ve always considered ‘Legend’, like ‘Willow’ the year after, to be an honourable failure. Enchanting cinematography, set design and one of the best depictions of the lord of darkness in cinema history, can’t make up for a rambling storyline which loses its thread halfway though. Cruise is good as always, Mia Sara is beautiful and enigmatic whilst the sight of unicorns running around only bought back memories of Deckard’s dream in ‘Blade Runner’. Perhaps I’ll give it another chance with the ultimate edition DVD director’s cut.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of those movies I tried to get into, but I just couldn't...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely cherish this movie. The directors cut is really long, though, so you may find that it more completes the storyline, I dunno.

This is one of my faves, though.

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I literally haven't seen any of this movies since the 80s. It was hard for me to get into too. I think some of it had to do with Tom Cruise having long hair. It just really didn't do much for me.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like this movie. not because of the fact that tom cruise was in it or that i thought it was a good story...
but my lord, tim curry was awesome in this. when i think of evil and try to pin a face on it, i think of tim curry's role in this movie. it doesn't get any scarier than that for me.
i am a horror movie doll collector, and i would LOVE to have 'the lord of darkness' doll or figure.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Too bad it's like $65 bucks. [Eek!] That price is actually scarier than the doll.

[ 16. April 2009, 14:46: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cousin's wife got him the Lord of Darkness figure from Legend for his birthday. He collects figures like they're going outta style. Anything from the sports ones to music ones to movie ones he has. They have a whole room in their house with those collectibles in it....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
65.00 sounds about right valley. and wow, that is awesome...maybe i'll snag it sometime this year hehe [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought the 2-disc ultimate edition.
First time ever saw this movie with the Tangerine Dream score.
What a weird experience.
Gotta watch the director´s cut later.

-

Time for another blast from the past Ronnie,
did you ever buy that Tim Curry figure? [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

sadly, no. i still don't own him. there is a local comic book shop here that has an awesome figure for like $300.00. it's the one where he's sitting in his chair...i would rather have that one, but the price makes me say OUCH!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

that's the one, valley. i love it!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home