iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Deborah Foreman movies I have never seen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deborah Foreman movies I have never seen
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and was wondering if anyone else has???

#1-Love in the Present Tense-it was made for Tv....there are so many movies like this that I wish were played somewhere, cause I want to see them!!

#2-I'm Dancing as fast as I can- I vaguely remember this movie playing on HBO, it has Jill Clayburgh in it, and I think it was a really good movie from what I remember...can anyone remember anything about it?

#3- Grizzly 2-The Predator, -it said it was unreleased...does that mean it never made it to tv or the movies ever???, or never was released ever on video after that??

I never saw the 1st Grizzly movie that was made in the 70's??? If I did, I can't remember.

Why can't they release all these movies?? It is frustrating, when there was so many awesome movies made, and they would still be cool to watch now, since they can't make a made for tv movie to get me to sit and watch it without wanting to throw up.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ones that you listed I don't think I have even ever heard of so I guess I can say I haven't seen those either. I will have to look her up and see what other things she has been in.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deb Foreman hasn't been in as many movies as i thought she did. Virtually no movies from 1991 to the present does this.

I luckily just picked up Friends, Lovers and Lunatics (1989) with Daniel Stern (Home Alone). Haven't seen it yet, but I hear Deb doesn't have a big role, can anyone recommend it or comment what it's like?

I agree about the frustration of 80's tv movies. Walmart should be flooded with them, stuff like Quarterback Princess and others should be bunched with other TV movies one DVD. Good stuff is rotting in film cans in so many studios never to be seen again.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am dying to get The Quarterback Princess...never saw it.

I have Friends, Lovers, and Lunatics, and couldn't make it through it, if that tells ya anything.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you don't have QB princess either, I gave up trying to get that on e-bay, seemed so pricey. But Helen Hunt circa 1983 would have been cool to watch.

Wow, too bad Friends, Lovers and Lunatics is such a snoozer, it's only 87 minutes too. Oh well, I only spent $2 on it.

I found out that Skatetown USA can't even be found on VHS. It was never commerically released for some reason. Apparently those who do have DVD copies are really patchy recordings that don't look too good. They can put Roller boogie on DVD but not this? Not fair.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That stinks about Skatetown...I still think someone somewhere will have a good version of it...I just gotta be there at the right time and place to snag one.
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay to add to ISIS list on Deb Foreman flicks never seen but would like to:

I haven't seen:

Lobster Man From Mars
Friends, Lovers, and Lunatics
Destroyer
3:15

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie, my suggestion from the movies you listed is 3:15. It's a movie about high school gang violence and a former gang member that stands up to it to defend his girlfriend. Deborah Foreman has a decent role in the movie, but overall the movie is lacking.

I like the movie Destroyer because it has Deborah Foreman and 80's crowd favorite Clayton Rohner in it. Strange things start happening to a film crew shooting a movie at a prison.

Lobster Man From Mars....quirky film that I saw once and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Would love to see Grizzly 2-The Predator, but it was never released or never even finished because the original Grizzly movie was such a flop. The guy who shot the movie still has the raw footage in his garage and has attempted to get someone to help him finish the movie. I'm very surprised it hasn't happened with people like George Clooney and Charlie Sheen in the movie.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey Valley, Destroyer sounds interesting. Is it available on DVD or anything?? I'll have to check out imdb.com and see. Thanks for the info on that one.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Aside from Valley Girl, April Fool's Day and My Chauffeur I pretty am a newbie to her other movies. Did she ever branch out and play a bad girl or a villain?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
She was in Waxworks...that was an awesome movie too.

I have 3:15-The Moment of Truth, and I have never finished watching it ...cause I fell asleep and it seemed kind of boring and I never could stand to put it back on.

Grizzly 2-also had Louise Fletcher (she was Nurse Rachett in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest)...and I might have seen Deborah Raffin's name in the credits too, if I remember right...so it did have a pretty good cast, especially if it was a made for TV movie. I don't think they'll get George Clooney back at this stage of the game to wrap it up, so I think it is a done deal that it will sit in that guys garage forever-unless they wrap it up by saying the Grizzly ate everybody..The End...Now, just think if that guy got rid of that movie taking up space in his garage....how much more space he'd have, and his 350Z would finally have some breathing room. [Eek!] [Wink] [Razz]

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Louise Fletcher has some local ties as she went to UNC-Chapel Hill. I just found that out the other day...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Riptide, Deborah Foreman never played a real bad girl. The closest would be her role in the movie "The Experts" or her wicked mouth in "Real Genius" in my opinion.

We mentioned several Deborah Foreman movies, but a movie everyone should check out is Sundown: The Vampire In Retreat . It's a comedrama from the director that gave us Waxworks. B-Movie hero Bruce Campbell is the star and Deborah Foreman has an interesting role.

[ 08. January 2006, 05:07: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundown was a very funny movie.
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow, JimBrayFan...you are the first person besides myself that claims to actually have seen this movie. I agree that this movie was a comedy with potential.

-

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta see Sundown now since you guys said Deborah Foreman AND Bruce Campbell are in it. Bruce is a B-movie God.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I've seen it!

It's a very funny vampire movie. I happen to like Anthony Hickox movies (he directed Waxwork, etc) and this movie has it all.

Bruce Campbell as the descendent of Van Helsing is too funny. And Foreman is lovely as always.

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Only have seen her in Valley Girl, Real Genius and in My Chauffuer.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home