iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Elizabeth Daily questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elizabeth Daily questions
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, do you ever just totally miss the boat on something? I thought I knew a lot about actors and actresses of Valley Girl alumni. Finding out that Elizabeth Daily(aka Loryn) had a taop 10 hit Mind over Matter in 1987 off the Summer School soundtrack is kind of shocking. I heard she has other songs, did she actually have an album? Is the Mind over Matter song actually good and did it have a video too?

Was Elizabeth Daily also the girl in the Outfield's I don't want to lose you love?

Can anyone spot her as one of the runaways in Rod Stewart's Young Turks video circa 1981?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?? I knew that she was in Better Off Dead as the lead singer of the band at the dance that Lane goes too. I think I knew that she had dabbled in music as well. I know that she has pretty much been doing voice over work the last several years on kids cartoon shows like the Rugrats.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was surprised too, I knew she had done the cartoon voices for Rugrats and such but didn't realise that she had a bigger body of work before and after Valley girl than Deb Foreman and Michelle Meyrink. With the music career and video appearances, she surpised me with her diversity. I remember her mostly from Valley, Girl, No Small Affair, Better off Dead and Streets of Fire but she was in other 80's movies that I'm not familiar with but sound interesting. Also the fact that she was married to Rick Saloman for five years, later of Paris Hilton sex tape scandal. Bet you she's glad she unloaded him.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I had read that on her imdb.com biography that she was married and had 2 daughters with him. I feel sorry for those girls. I think he is dating Shannon Daugherty again.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
It is too bad Daily's daughter's have a father who sold an intimate tape to distributors for something like 7 million. I can only imagine what kind of playground exchanges are going to go on. As for dating Shannon Doherty again, maybe that fate is just rewards. Quite the hellraiser.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember cindymancini putting a picture of E.G. Daily on here with John Eric Hexum who she dated in the 80's.

I remember her in Pee Wee's Big Adventure too,

She has her own website. She looks like one of the Olsen twins to me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Elizabeth Daily has aged pretty well judging from her IMDB. picture. She looks like she has more weight on her than the stcik thin Olsen twins. Maybe her and Jennifer Beals drink at the same fountain of youth.

Anyone have MP3's of her songs?

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She doesn't have much more weight on her though...I saw her on her site, and she was really thin still, and wearing stuff with her belly hanging out.

Jennifer Beals really has aged well.

I never thought about this...but I saw on a commercial just the other day about aging, and smoking ages people in more ways than one...it does cause osteoporosis...but it makes wrinkles around people's mouthes from smoking....and I never really thought about that one. I knew it was bad on your teeth and your bones, and of course all your organs...but they said stopping smoking has a huge effect on aging, and it can reduce wrinkles.

I just thought that was a cool factoid.

Some people definately age better than others.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she has made full length albums. and her song, mind over matter is a great song and can be had, with a little....file sharing. i last saw her in devil's rejects, playing a hooker.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her best song is "Say It, Say It" and the music video is a genius spoof of Stanley Kubrick's "Lolita".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to say that but you beat me to it. "Say It Say It" had an early 80s Madonna feel and was a pretty good song.

She was also in a Horror movie called .........oh shoot....I'm drawing a blank.......Jennifer Rubin was in it to.....what the heck was it called?????
(be right back)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.......BAD DREAMS.

I belivee she had some major plastic surgery in the face area , which is a shame, because I always thought she had a really cute face to begin with.

Nowadays more heard then seen in cartoons like RUGRATS and POWERPUFF GIRLS and such.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

She was ok. I never thought she was fantastic, some good songs, some good movies that she was never the star of.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I just ordered an 80s Horror movie called ONE DARK NIGHT. She's supposedly in that one too.

You can find out more about her projects on her IMDB page (www.imdb.com)

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just watched STREETS with christina applegate. (not a bad movie, & i know it was from 1990)..

but what caught my attention was the song played during the ending credits. when i first heard it, i knew immediately who was singing..it was e.g. daily. it's a really pretty song, do any of you know it? it is called "dawn's theme" (christina's character is named DAWN in the movie.)

i really hope to get a copy of this song. for those of you that like daily's music, might like this one.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hola senorita, como estas?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

bien...usted?

it's been a minute, i know.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bien
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, I love E.G. Daily! Her cartoon voices she does are so kick-butt! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love her voice. She was so adorable in Loverboy. She was always making cute little sounds or squeaking. It was a good segueway for her to go right into voice overs and cartoon work.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didnt she star in an episode of Friends as Phoebes ex singing partner? She also sang "Waiting" on The Breakfast Club soundtrack.
Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Elizabeth Daily has aged pretty well judging from her IMDB. picture. She looks like she has more weight on her than the stcik thin Olsen twins. Maybe her and Jennifer Beals drink at the same fountain of youth.

Anyone have MP3's of her songs?

I have several. I'll upload them soon on rapidshare for anyone that wants to download them.

I like "Say it, Say it" I have two versions of it, and "Mind Over Matter"

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home