iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I watched Heathers last night

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I watched Heathers last night
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

 - posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never seen it and thought it might be pretty good. It was kinda strange. Of course, that may be because I fell asleep halfway through it and when I woke up Christian Slater was trying to blow up the school. Not as good as I had hoped...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stormybia
Rewind Curious
Member # 4438

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stormybia   Email stormybia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, it is pretty good, you should try to watch it all the way through. i love it. of course i love christian slater anyway.
Posts: 9 | From: baltimore | Registered: Dec 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

 - posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was a great movie as well. It's one of the few things I actually enjoyed Christian Slater in...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
4
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with you pettyfan. I saw Heathers for the first time a few years ago and I really didn't like it eventhough I usually enjoy Slater and Rider. I'll stick to Pump Up The Volume and Mermaids. [Smile]
Posts: 2226 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
4
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
I have to agree with you pettyfan. I saw Heathers for the first time a few years ago and I really didn't like it eventhough I usually enjoy Slater and Rider. I'll stick to Pump Up The Volume and Mermaids. [Smile]

So you're saying that you think their 90s work is better than their 80s work? I don't think that's necessarily fair...At least not in Winona Ryder's case. I really enjoyed her performance in "Beetlejuice". She could really play a Goth well. As for Slater, the only 80s movie I saw him in was "The Legend Of Billie Jean" and he was pretty decent in that. He worked well opposite Helen Slater (and no, they're not related).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heathers is complete genius.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

 - posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, in some ways, Heathers reminded me of "Mean Girls," but I liked "Mean Girls" better.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

 - posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Heathers is alot like Mean Girls minus all the hot women...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Moderator
Member # 1022



37 Updates!

 - posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rocksteadyflamethrower:
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
I have to agree with you pettyfan. I saw Heathers for the first time a few years ago and I really didn't like it eventhough I usually enjoy Slater and Rider. I'll stick to Pump Up The Volume and Mermaids. [Smile]

So you're saying that you think their 90s work is better than their 80s work? I don't think that's necessarily fair...At least not in Winona Ryder's case. I really enjoyed her performance in "Beetlejuice". She could really play a Goth well. As for Slater, the only 80s movie I saw him in was "The Legend Of Billie Jean" and he was pretty decent in that. He worked well opposite Helen Slater (and no, they're not related).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

But in Slater's case, Pump Up The Volume is his best movie - bar none.....
Posts: 3471 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Yeah Heathers is alot like Mean Girls minus all the hot women...

Winnona Ryder: As hot as they come
Kim Walker: Hot (God rest her soul)
Shannen Doherty: Love to hate her

‘Heathers’ IMHO is a flawed masterpiece that works as a series of classic scenes rather than as a whole movie, there are scenes that scream to be altered, rewritten or tweaked, I thought the ending was a major cop out and at odds with the tone of the picture, nonetheless, its still a must own movie, albeit not one that I’d watch all the way through too often.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
4
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The ModGod Formerly Known as Paul:
quote:
Originally posted by rocksteadyflamethrower:
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
I have to agree with you pettyfan. I saw Heathers for the first time a few years ago and I really didn't like it eventhough I usually enjoy Slater and Rider. I'll stick to Pump Up The Volume and Mermaids. [Smile]

So you're saying that you think their 90s work is better than their 80s work? I don't think that's necessarily fair...At least not in Winona Ryder's case. I really enjoyed her performance in "Beetlejuice". She could really play a Goth well. As for Slater, the only 80s movie I saw him in was "The Legend Of Billie Jean" and he was pretty decent in that. He worked well opposite Helen Slater (and no, they're not related).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

But in Slater's case, Pump Up The Volume is his best movie - bar none.....
Perhaps, but keeping this relevant to an 80s board (and you should know better than to discuss 90s movies in an 80s forum, Paul. After all, you're a moderator. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] ...Just kidding!) , I do have to say that Slater was good in what I saw of "The Name Of The Rose". Actually, that was more of Sean Connery's movie, but still...

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

No one is safe from the 80s Avenger! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's Avenger, I still say you should deck yourself in a Frank Castle Punisher costume. LOL. I liked some of Christian Slater's movies in the 80's. I think Gleaming the Cube was pretty cool, but I do think he took the Jack Nicholson homage a bit too far with some of his speaking parts. As for Heathers, it was a movie ahead of it's time, in fact it was almost too smart to be an 80's movie(no offense). I think films like this Say Anything were proto 90's films. You could see something like this influencing some Greg Araki films like Nowhere and the Doom Generation. Heathers had no precedent, it was perhaps the greatest teen black comedy of it's time. It was so over the top, ruffled so many feathers that it still holds up in this post-Columbine world.
Posts: 4372 | From: Town called Malice | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.0