iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Rock & Rule

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rock & Rule
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been interested in this movie since I first heard about it on this very website at my grandma's house during the hurricane evacuation...

I'll be getting the R&R Collector's Edition DVD for Christmas this year, & I can't wait to see that movie! It looks cool! [Big Grin]

And for the record, Earth, Wind, & Fire should release that song they did for the club scene. [Wink]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a post-apocalyptic future, a legendary rock superstar who appears to have fallen, but not totally out of favor, kidnaps Angel, a new female rocker, to sing for him to open a portal into a darker dimension. It's up to Angel's bandmates to save her from his evil clutches. I remember the music being superb and the animation is pretty good. I choose the movie "Heavy Metal" over it, but it was decent from what I recall.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Earth, Wind, & Fire song in a movie was in the film "Private Lessons".

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
The one they did for the club scene was called "Dance, Dance, Dance", I believe.

Gaw, we should petition to get an offical soundtrack made.

The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the review on this site, I have the 2-disc DVD set and it's great, the Devil & Daniel Mouse cartoon on the 2nd disc is enjoyable, you can see where they got inspiration/ideas for R&R from.

If you want that EW&F track at high quality just rip it from the end credits of the film, there's no film dialogue when they play it then.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Ooh...fascinating! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I read the script the other night, & I'm a bit confused--why are the American & Canadian versions so different?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
And for the record, I just burned a private soundtrack to the movie.
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
But unfortunately, I can't give it to anybody for fear of breaking copyright laws. [Frown]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
But anyway, I think the American version's a little better.
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I just got the DVD--the 2-disc set! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
On the DVD, I just checked out the special features, & they are awesome! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Anyone else have the DVD?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Or the rare VHS? [Wink]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I don't have the video.
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an original Rock & Rule VHS, it cost me a bank breaking £1 [Wink]
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Good gosh, that's cheap!
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
My mom got my DVD copy for only 26.00...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home